Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cinema & Summer Cuts

Funny story first--the short version.
So the entire time I have dated Clayt we have never done a "double-feature". You know, go from one movie to another (planning just right with show times) to get your monies worth. Yes, I have received the lecture from my Dad before about how that is dishonest....I understand. But, it is fun and rebellish......
Anywho, after seeing "What happens in Vegas" on Saturday, we decided to sneak into "Indiana Jones". It had only been showing for about 10 minutes. I jokingly leaned over to Clayton and said, "It's not so bad eh?". About 3/4 of the way into the movie, a COP COMES IN AND SITS DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF US. Clayton said, "Did you see that lady point at us?", "Em, I think that cop is here for us". My heart started racing. I began thinking, "I am going to have to have my Mom come bust me out of jail at 26!", "I am old enough they could prosecute. Was it worth it?", "What should we say if they ask why? Because I was a stupid girl who teased about a double feature?"
Well, we decided to get up and leave. We hurried out the doors as soon as he couldn't see us, then ran to our car. I thought for sure we were going to hauled off in cuffs. I don't think I will ever enjoy a double feature again, because I was scared to death! What a stupid thing for me to do!!!!
A word to the wise, the junction isn't stupid.....they have real security guards.
Anywho--here comes more pics of the pups. Izzy is so curly that she got matted (I know bad pet owners). I felt so bad, I couldn't cut them out, so we had to take her to the groomer to get cut short. So, we decided both of them would get summer cuts, short all over but their ears & tails. They look a little silly right now, but in about a week they will be so dang cute.


Here are their cuts......Chloe really reminds me of the dog on Lady & the Tramp that sings 'he's a tramp".



10 comments:

Natalie said...

I like the short cut! They look super cute. Wait, always did. But it's so fresh and so clean clean.

me myself and Luna said...

HAHAhahaHAhahah. Not the dogs, the story. Man that is killer. I must admit I have participated in a 'double feature' myself, but I was actually able to enjoy it.

I did have one experience of sneaking into a movie not long ago, (we weren't planning on it but the back doors were wide open calling our names!), funny enough they noticed and came into the theater but automatically assumed it was the young group of teens up front, so we weren't even questioned!!

It's Me...shell said...

I LOVE that you got scared. I have done a double feature, but we did it with 5 movies in a row. We weren't caught only because Jason's dad was the manager of the theater. I've just walked into movies before, but I think that's worse. We didn't even pay for one.

Jenny said...

The only double feature I have ever seen was a sneak out to the drive-in movie with Mindy, her friend Marci and boys we didn't know (or like). And yes, our Dad was stalking...er, I mean waiting for us when we came back. So, I only associate trembling fear with double features. Now you will too! How funny.

Laura Stephens said...

What cute puppies!

That story cracks me up! I think I'd be so paranoid about getting caught that I wouldn't even be watching the movie! :)

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mindy said...

So how was Indiana Jones? :)

Emily and Clay said...

Cheeze please? Not worth paying full price to go back and see it. Ironman, however, was terrific if you are looking for a great flic!!!

Mindy said...

We saw Ironman, and I LOVED it. My favorite superhero show by far.

me myself and Luna said...

Whoa whoa WHOA...you gave ME crap about not posting since May 27th?? What is this!! Neither have you!! I have now, so its YOUR TURN! If I don't see anything by the end of work Monday... you...are...dead.