Everyone should be expecting the mushy posts after valentines, right?
I made Clayton a book of reasons (101 reasons why I love you)--I kind of made it like a little scrap book with pictures and cute stuff......then I burnt him a cd of three bands he wanted (Foo Fighters, Paramore & Flyleaf).
He received the book a little early cause he knew something was going on when he walked in on me showing it to Jenny. Clayt really liked it though. Since then as we have been doing something (that was in the book) he smiles and says, "You love when I do this, hu?", it is really sweet.
Anywho--yesterday I gave him the CD with his favorite picture of us on it. He gave me a cd, necklace with matching bracelet and pajama pants. I LOVE IT. He always picks out the stuff I really like! He never goes for the easy, cheesy, gifts. They are well thought out.
He made reservations, so I did not know where we would be going for dinner. We ate at Ye Lion's Den in Ogden. Such a funny cute place. Have you eaten there? What was nice was it is an all-inclusive meal. They bring out veggies and dip; then a salad; scones with rasberry butter; your meal and drinks; then dessert. It was really good! Everyone is dressed up like Robin Hood times. There is even a picture of the Sheriff of Nottingham on the wall (aka Professor Snapes) near the dungeon and torture chamber. It was a nice change from our normal picks of Chili's or Red Robin.
As we were eating our veggies, a waitress came around with free sparkling cider (for Valentines I assume). Clayton was so sweet and gave me a toast. Honestly it was the sweetest thing--one of those times where you don't know what to say but you just sit back smile. He "knows just what to say to take a girls bref away" (little rascals). Our meal was great--highly recommend the restaurant.
So, there you have it. Our valentines. What did you do?
Friday, February 15, 2008
Sweet Romance
Posted by Emily and Clay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
We took the kids to Pei Wei in Bountiful and then came home and watched "Snowbuddies". Romantic, isn't it?
Actually we celebrated V-Day last week on our 13th Anniversary. We had a romantic dinner at Corbin's in Layton. YUM! And then came home and snuggled up and laughed about things that have happened over our 13 years of marriage.
I am glad Clayton liked his 101 REASONS. That was awesome and extremely thoughtful of you.
Awww! That is so sweet! Good job, Clayton! And Emily too! The book sounds so sweet!
I've always wanted to go to Ye Lion's Den, and the only time we've been there, the power was out. So, we still haven't made the time to go there. That's on my list along with The Athenian, and the Happy Sumo!
That sounds like a lot of fun! Good ideas for Valentine's day, I might have to steal them! Ye Lion's Den, what a hilarious, yet delicious place. We really miss you guys, and I am glad that we at least get to bump into each other in random places! Did you get my text abut my recital?
Nice! You guys are both so thoughtful. Sounds like a great Valentine's Day!
Lydia and I went out for some Thai food with Kate and then went home and watched an indie movie "Someone to Eat Cheese With". She gave me two soundtracks, "Across the Universe" and "Juno", I love them both! Great movies, by the way, if you haven't seen them yet.
I got her some tickets to go see Ingrid Michaelsen at In the Venue next Thursday. We're excited!
That gift sounds like you put extensive thought and effort into it. Impressive. I guess you really like my cousin, huh?
Holy ShIIza.. I really really enjoy Paramore and Flyleaf and am glad you guys are familiar--if you like Paramore enough, you should go to their concert with Jimmy Eat World(one of my FAVORTIE bands ever)!! If for nothing else, you will atleast see me there :)
Post a Comment