There has always been something about crying....I have never liked anyone to see me cry. For instance, it was not until I was 23 that my Dad saw me cry after a break up with an x-boyfriend. I hadn't even cried each summer when I left him and my family (at least until I was by myself) so this was huge. I had been up all night throwing up, tossing and turning and finally gave it up. He was getting ready to leave for work at 7am and I walked out crying. He didn't know what to do; he said, "Oh my gosh, she cries"....then ran upstairs and woke my step Mom (after a big hug etc.). It's funny that I just have never liked people seeing me cry.
Sheryl and I used to laugh at my sweet Mom when she would get teary over the slightest commercial. We would joke and say, "Mom, here is another McDonalds commercial, need a tissue?". What little jerks we were! Had we realized how much she missed her children or given the circumstances of her happiness, we would have been more understanding. She is just tender.
As time has passed, I have cried in front of my sister's, Clayton (of course), Lydia once, at work (that was the worst). I have gotten teary over movies, songs, testimonies, even certain news reports. I feel so silly. I just sit silently and don't say much because the minute I do, THERE'S THE DOWN POUR.
This came to my mind last night as we were watching this series on THE MORMONS. It was an interesting story that touched me. As I was driving home from Clayt's I started crying listening to Josh Groban's "You raise me up". So, at age 26 I think I have officially become a cry baby. My Mom can now laugh at me--and ask, "...do you need a tissue?".
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
"Need a tissue?"
Posted by Emily and Clay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
It's ok to cry. In fact, sometimes if I haven't cried for a while, something will get to me and Mike and I will joke that, "I just needed a cry." And any degree of argument with Mike is not complete without the cry. It's not a big deal, just a fact. We're used to it.
Ok, so when you said that Josh Groban's song made you cry, I thought of the last time it made me cry...last week. It is part of the best President Hinckley tribute I saw last week. One photo is particularly touching. You'll know it when you see it.
The link (click on "Pres. Hinckley tribute) didn't work in the first post. You can delete that Em.
Oh my, I've been thankful nobody was in the car when I get teary eyed over a radio commercial! It must be something about getting older, maybe we're just more sensitive. I cry over the smallest things these days.
Wait 'til you have little ones! I think that having Grayson definitely made me more prone to crying at little things! :)
Being a cry baby is not a bad thing . . . I say that becasue I am one. You know things are pretty bad when you get teary during the "Im so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so scared" episode of "Saved by the Bell." Really, we need to go double date sometime. Blaine's schedule will hopefully calm down more in March.
I love a good cry, when it's a spiritual or something's-touched-me cry. I don't particularly like the mad cry. I get such a headache and feel sick to my stomach. Does that happen to anyone else?
If Cameron were asking, he'd say, "Need a tussue (too-shoo)?" I think that's way harder to say than "tissue"!
Em--I have cry DAYS, when It seems like everything makes me cry. I was having a conversation with my Dad my last "cry-day". I explained to him that my cries just build up and then I spend a whole day crying when they all decide to come out..."Ya know what I mean, Dad?" He responded by saying how grateful we was that he wasn't a girl.
Then in walks my mom. One look and she rushes to my side..."oh honey!" I explain and she knows EXACTLY what I mean. My dad says, "Once again, I'm SO glad I not a woman."
Thanks for the post Emily.
Post a Comment