Thursday, February 07, 2008

SICKENED BY THE TRADE

Go Jazz! 10 in a row as of last nights win over the Denver Nuggets (a.k.a. the new THUG team of the NBA). The Jazz are my favorite sports team--they are local and it is the only one I actually pay attention to. I am fairly new at the watching sports stuff since I wasn't really allowed while growing up to watch it. Not that I wouldn't have been able to watch a game--but my Mom & step Dad were not into sports and we only had one TV. So, there you have it, he who has the remote controls the shows. Living with my Dad and step brother (who is huge Jazz fan), I have come to love them! I love watching several different sports; whether or not I can recall a name, a play or even some rules is a different story.

My second favorite team is the Phoenix Suns. Who wouldn't love to watch R. Bell? He is a bonus but I really like their team, pretty classy and they are hard workers. Nash might look better with the short buzz cut he sported last season but who cares, let that sweat drip down those greesy locks! They are so fast down the court and really play as a team. There is not one show boat, ball hog or cry baby. I really like that.

What a freakin' stud!


Anywho--after hearing the disappointing news yesterday, I am depressed. The Suns traded Marion & Banks for the one and only O'Neal. The biggest waste of space I have seen next to Ostertag. Lets think about this--what are the suns known for? Oh, yeah thats right, rushing down the court, quick shots, agile players. Does this sound like the slug moving, elbow throwing, slow Shaq we all know? I THINK NOT! I am disgusted at the trade. I was not attached to Marion and don't think I even know Banks, but why in the world would they want Shaq? Because he is a rich baby who wants another ring and his team isn't doing well? POOR BABY. GO HOME. I am sure he is smart or funny or some other good quality, but on the court I just think he is stupid.

Is that an elbow? Did ya really need to throw it? Stand up. You are taller than everyone and can about lick the basket--use your skills not your cheap shots.


Let me give you another run down. They are going to pay him $20 million for EACH of the next two seasons. That is way more than several of their players salaries combined! He scores an average of 14.2 points per game and has sat out the last few games due to a "hip injury"--probably caused from laziness. Or maybe it is that he is nearing 36 and is about done with his career. Shaq is coming from a team with the worst league record and is traded to a team with one of the best over the past couple of seasons. Sound fishy? Sounds like a spoiled brat to me.

Now several Suns players like the trade including Nash & Stoudemire. I guess we will have to see if their prediction of the 7'1" center will give them a better half court team to win a championship ring. I must say I am skeptical or maybe its the pessimiss in me? What do you think?

Stay Tuned.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Hilarious. Rhett and I were watching the Nuggets game on TV and that's the exact word Rhett used to describe them - 'they're such a THUG team' I believe he said. That was a dirty game with dirty plays and dirty language. That's the nuggets: dirty thugs.

And also, you can thank Rhett that I am even able to comment on any sports-related subject. He's really opened my eyes. ;)

Laura Stephens said...

Wow! You are an expert on this stuff! I got to go to two or three Jazz games back in the Stockton/Malone days. It was pretty fun! I haven't kept up with the Jazz in ages, though! :)

Emily and Clay said...

Not so much an expert, I just have a strong opinion on Shaq and looked up his info. I can't name many other players or what teams they are from, but there are a few that stick out in my mind that I don't like and Shaq is one of them.