Have you ever re-fell in love with a movie? Do you catch yourself sitting at the edge of your seat even though you know the ending?

We watched the Notebook last night with Gary & Marylin. I LOVE THIS MOVIE and had not watched it in a really long time. Possibly since I bought it a few years ago. I do have a connection with this movie because Clayt and I saw it when we were friends--almost to the dating stage and it just makes me remember those times; everything was so exciting and flirty.

We watched the Notebook last night with Gary & Marylin. I LOVE THIS MOVIE and had not watched it in a really long time. Possibly since I bought it a few years ago. I do have a connection with this movie because Clayt and I saw it when we were friends--almost to the dating stage and it just makes me remember those times; everything was so exciting and flirty.
Anyways, I forgot how intense the movie is for me. I still couldn't help but holding my hands tightly--and getting frustrated by the string of events. I get so upset when things are working out like I want them to, yet I hate movies that are so predictible and "perfect" (see post 27 dresses later).
This is not the only movie that is intense for me each time I see it, however, there aren't many. I think the directors need special awards for movies that keep you falling back in love with them each time.
If you have not seen the notebook, I highly recommend it. Of course, there are two scenes that are iffy...... one part could use a quick FF when they meet again (scandalous scene). I love this movie though--such a sweet story! One of those movies that brings a little sting to the heart and a tear to the eye :).
This is not the only movie that is intense for me each time I see it, however, there aren't many. I think the directors need special awards for movies that keep you falling back in love with them each time.
If you have not seen the notebook, I highly recommend it. Of course, there are two scenes that are iffy...... one part could use a quick FF when they meet again (scandalous scene). I love this movie though--such a sweet story! One of those movies that brings a little sting to the heart and a tear to the eye :).


8 comments:
Glad you enjoyed it again Emily - I enjoyed it for the first time and it will stay on my list of fav's as well.
I love the Notebook.. I wish my old roommate would have given it back when she borrowed it from me..
Haven't seen this one, so now I guess I am adding it to my Netflix list. Thanks for the recommendation!
Haven't seen that one! I'm going to add it to my list, too! :)
Haven't seen it?!! It is a must see.
I loved this movie, too. Bawled my eyes out, actually, if I remember right.
This was the first time I remember seeing Rachel McAdams and I thought she was so terrific (Ryan Gosling Jr. ain't so bad, either!).
You mentioned the movie is a little steamy in parts, which it is, especially for a PG13--but beware of the deleted scenes (which they do tell you are "not rated" but I wasn't expecting...that).
Shoot, I've probably just peaked someone's interest, but don't say I didn't warn you!
Haven't fully checked out the DVD, guess I will remember to pass.
Love the new look!
Post a Comment