Monday, January 07, 2008

Happy Birthday Chloe (and other stuff)!

What is up with my last two posts? Who knows! I just put junk on here as I think about it. JUST KEEP READING & QUIT WHINING.

Chloe just turned one on the 6th! I can't beleive we have had her for almost a year. Let alone that I have lived in my house for nearly as long (remember bought a puppy, house & sold/bought another car all in the same month?). I swear time is flying!!! Weeks come & go so quickly; honestly, where is all of the time going? I am a slacker & have not posted recent pictures of her or Izzy, sorry. They have a new friend though, and I will take their pics and put them on here....unless everyone is sick of the "dog stories". I don't have cute kids to talk about so my pets will have to do.

Other exciting news is that Clayton got a new job! Did I just hear angels say "Halleluiah"? Yes, yes I did. I am so happy that he will not be working at UT Mattress (not that is was all bad, it was flexible for him but he wasn't really making any money & it was wasting his time). At his new job wil lbe builing/installing cabinents & countertops working, from 6-4.30 each day. I think it is a great fit for him; he is interested in these fields (drafting, construction management, etc.) and this will give him the opportunity to see if he really likes it. Clayt has not registered for school this semester, but thinks he might try to add one or two night classes. I am just so happy that he found a job I think he will be happy with; words cannot express.

Remember that post over a year ago about losing some weight???? Well, it has officially started. Clayton & I's theme for 2008 is LOSING WEIGHT IN 2008. It is silly but each January we have made up theme's for the year (Stayin Alive in 2005; Gettin our Fix in 2006; Gettin to Heaven in 2007). Nothing that really means too much in a whole years scheme of things, just stupid stuff we do and think of usually on New Years. So this year we are making a goal to lose weight, maybe sign up for a partial marathon & just working on fitting back into those size 5-7 jeans I have kept. We will have to see, I am really hoping that signing up for an indoor soccer team & having two gym passes will get us doing something! Anyone else down for a little family/friend biggest loser?

6 comments:

lydia said...

Am I down for losing weight? You betcha! And I have, 6 pounds since Dec. 28th, and the only thing I have done is eliminate refined sugar from my diet! I would LOVE to work out with you again. It was fun while it lasted. Maybe we could do a class a couple of nights a week...either after Mike gets home or during babysitting hours.
I love the themed years! How have I never heard of those before? So clever!

Emily and Clay said...

Taking the word "sugar" out of my diet is far far from anything acheivable for me. At least it feels that way. I am addicted to sugar, as we all know. But I do need to SLOWLY wein myself off and into something like fruits. As for working out, Clayt & I are planning to go to the gym on nights we don't have soccer--what about Saturdays???

Blaine said...

Blaine and I will do the weight loss thing with you. We have already kind of started, so hopefully we can keep going! Congrats to Clay for the new job! It was fun to see you guys at Target the other day!

Jenny said...

Yay Clay! A new job! We are looking for a cabinet maker company right now, so let us know who you work for, won't you?

Emily, I am on board. I WILL reach my goal weight this year, even if it takes me a year to do it. I need a challenge to keep me on my toes, too.

Congrats to Lydia on "no sugar". It is hard. When I turned 30, I did that for 6 months, (and lost 45 pounds). Splenda was my best friend... AND diet soft drinks! Once you get used to the taste, you can never go back to regular soda. That would be my first recommendation to anyone trying to lose weight...cut the sugar/calories by switching to Coke Zero, or Diet Dew. It will only take a week before you adjust, I promise!
We should have a weekly weigh in, like Weight watchers...it does keep you honest when you have to weigh in front of a group. What do you all think?

Emily and Clay said...

I AM DOWN! We should set something up so we can reach our goals and start soon.

Mindy said...

I am serious about registering for the Ogden half-marathon. I would love it SO much if someone would run/walk with me. Steve will probably register, but he is so much faster and I feel bad asking him to go at my pace. I am pretty slow (about 11 min mile), so keep that in mind.
The race is I think May 19th? Third Saturday in May.
Congrats on losing a few already, Lyd!
I totally "amen" Jenny's suggestion about switching to diet soda. I honestly used to GAG at the taste of diet soda, but it doesn't take long to adjust. My friend just lost 10 pounds over a few months JUST by eliminating sugar soda, nothing else (she was drinking like 60 ounces of Coke a day). Diet Dew, Coke Zero, and Diet Dr. Pepper taste the best.
I am so happy that Clayton found a new job. Has he already started? Sounds like a good fit for him. Happy Birthday to Chloe!!