Wednesday, December 05, 2007

We were in the "Red Garter" room so I thought the pose appropriate for the occasion. We will see if my co-workers agree (wink wink). It is not the cutest picture of us, but it was fun! I look chinese & Clayt is laughing at his silly date. Hanging from the banisters above us as we ate, were skantily clad women and drunken men (manicans). Interesting but fun.

Unfortunately no Cancun. However, the person who won it is so deserving! I am really glad he won (it was Ken). However, everyone got one prize and I won a second prize. I got a digital camera with digital frame. Great Gift!!!!! I am so stoked.

But shhhh don't tell, I might take it back to get these pans I want from Sams Club (that is where they bought the gift). Nerdy I know, but I need a good set and I have been eyeing them for months :).

4 comments:

lydia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get Cancun! There's always next year!

You're funny about the pans. I read that part to Mike and he chuckled, "you girls and your pans." I guess I, too, have made a big deal out of good pans.

Your picture is very cute. You don't look Chinese and in fact, you both look like you are having a good time.

Natalie said...

Seriously, what was up with those scandalous mannequins dressed in holiday skank outfits? It was so confusing. Who decided that was a good way to decorate a banquet room at the Timbermine? So very strange.

But HOORAY for EMILY for winning one of the grand prizes! You deserve it, you know. Whether it be a camera or pots n pans, you still deserve it. For a second there I almost had a heart attack because I thought they were drawing your name to come up and spin for Cancun. I think I peed my pants. But a camera comes pretty darn close to a trip for 2 to Mexico, don't you think? ;)

Jenny said...

A good set of pans are worth their weight in gold. I am glad my mom had the foresight, (or maybe the need to get me out of the house) because one Christmas she bought me the nicest set of pots and pans. I still use them daily and probably always will. "Digital cameras may come and go, but pots and pans are forever!!" (Banging them cheerfully together as I sing that last phrase.)