Lydia was nice enough to let me borrow a book everyone has been raving about, Twilight. I started it about a week ago, only reading a few pages. Then Sunday I read about a hundred. Then the other night, I read another hundred. The addiction is beginning; I hopefully will have some free time in the next day or two to finish it. I am too much of a weakling to stay awake all night reading…..
I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I will admit, I don’t usually read for fun, but I forgot how much I actually like it when I can read at my own pace & there are no papers assigned to the reading. I had forgotten how fun and entertaining it can be, when I am reading just for me.
Anywho—my only criticism (I know some will totally disagree) but I don’t like how cheesy-chivalrous Edward is. I do catch myself smiling at how sweet he is, but he is always right there, always so dreamy, etc. etc. I know that is his character, but it is laid on a little too thick for me. Anywho—that is it—not bad for my only criticism. I totally love everything else. I love how quirky and clumsy Belle is—so easy to relate to. I am getting more and more sucked in every page!
Anywho--thanks for the read Lyd!
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Premature Twilight
Posted by Emily and Clay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Sucked into the Twilight series eh? Easy to do...they are so good. I had to make a comment on the Edward thing. I think the reason I like Edward so much isn't because of all the dreamy stuff, but because Stephanie Meyer portrays Bella to feel exactly what I felt for Adam in high school. She has a way of writing emotions so distinctly that it makes you as the reader feel them too. Anyway, I was telling someone how I'm nervous for the movie because Edward and Bella are so clearly defined in my head that I'm really afraid that they won't meet those criteria. And she said to me, "Well, Bella for sure won't because every girl that reads these pictures themselves as Bella." I had to laugh at that, because I think we all relate to Bella very easily.
Sounds like a great book! I may have to check those out! :)
It's hard getting a late start at something SO POPULAR...it's like setting you up for disappointment. It's happened to me so many times with movies.
Anyway, I am glad you only have the one criticism. And you may not suffer with the casting choices like Aubrey describes (and we all feel) because you probably already kind of imagine Kristen Stewart as bella and Robert Pattinson and Edward. They're growing on me...
I too thought Ed was a bit cheese-whiz at first. Here's my thinking on him though:
He is like 86 years old, and in his "time", men were chivalrous. They treated a lady like a lady. So, even though he lays it on thick by today's standards, maybe it was the norm back in 1926. Or whatever the year was when he became an annoying mosquito. I also think the first book lays the sickeningly sweet romance on the thickest. I predict you will be a Jacob fan...just a hunch.
Post a Comment