Now—this little TAG of 7 interesting things about me, came from my friend Linday’s blog—so I gave it a shot. Thanks Linds!
1. I have 8 brothers & sisters (including me makes a family of 9). Not all are real siblings (1/2 are step), but I have 4 brothers & 4 sisters. It makes for interesting family parties!
2. I have two Shih Tzu puppies. They make my life so enjoyable! I honestly love coming home to two little fluff muffins that are so excited to see me. The feeding and constant clean-up of two puppies is not always the greatest; however the joy of waking up with them and seeing them play together makes my day. Whenever they learn something new, I get so excited. I can only imagine what it must be like with kids of my own. I am constantly saying, “Clayton look how cute”, “Oh, where is the camera”. I LOVE’EM!
3. I am a nerd with spunk. It is unique because most stereotypical accountants sit in their nerdery with their calculators constantly pushing their glasses up their noses and I don’t completely fit that mold Sure, I enjoy a great number crunching session, balancing financials and looking over profit margins but I also enjoy a great concert or sporting event. Who in the right mind wouldn’t? Don’t get me wrong there are several others who also break out of the accountant mold and we have bonded—but the ones that do fit into the “accountant” category are hilarious. I think Dwight would be an accountant if he wasn’t a star on The Office.
4. I am but I am not from Utah. Confused???? I lived here until I was 4, moved to Oregon until I was 18 and now am back. It is always a fun question when people ask,
“You look familiar, what high school did you attend?”
“Crater High.”
“Oh, where’s that?”
“Oregon…..”
“OH!”
5. I have death-boarded. What is death-boarding you are asking yourselves? Well, it is where a few bored kids get together in the middle of summer, go to a dam and find a rocky steep hill. They proceed to strap on a snow board and see if they can actually snowboard down the rocky terrain into the water. I did fine the first 2 times (holding someone’s hand until I turned the board to go down the hill), but on my third try when I actually turned the board myself it caught and I tumbled down. I had rocks in my elbows, knees, ears and mouth. It was spectacular. As for the rest of the boring afternoon, we rode an old door down the hill on to a jump and into the water. Lets just say we did not make the jump that was built into the side of the dam because the angle stopped the door and did not allow it to continue in an upward fashion. I wish I still had pictures.
6. I have double-jointed toes. I can actually pull my big toe back and touch the top of my foot with it. If I were to ever get in a running stance for the Olympics barefoot, people would freak. Try yours and you may find out that you have the same unique talent.
7. I like dough. I like most dough or batter. Even pancake batter. I don’t like to “bake” cookies, but I certainly love the dough. I eat bread dough, muffin mix, cake mix (handfuls out of the box or as cake batter), Navajo bread dough, you name it. The only thing I do not like is corn bread batter, that does not strike my fancy.
And there you have it folks. It was fun to read my friends 7, so please indulge me, play along, TAG YOUR IT.
P.S. After posting this Clayton came up with a few I should have mentioned that he brought to my attention:
I love hearing the sound of clap-clank against tiled floors. In several movies when you can hear lawyers, politicians, CIA or just any character in a hall way I LOVE IT. I absolutely love that sound.
I not only love, but get sheer thrills out of organizing stuff. It is not only a complete sense of accomplishment, but my mind totally relaxes. If I am having a rough day, I can organize a closet or cupboard and be soothed. I have a few ideas of why that is....but I just enjoy having everything in a perfect spot.
I have a tickle bone; similar to a funny bone. Every once and a while--while I am watching a movie or TV something hits my tickle bone. I laugh out loud uncontrollably for minutes and the mere thought of it again (hours later) will bring the same results. Recent occasions--Watching the Office and seeing Michael scare Phyllis. Another occasion (Mike & Lyd can attest to) is watching "Fun with Dick & Jane" where he goes into the store and follows the black lady who then says "I saw you eye-balling me. You was all up in my goodies"(something to that effect). And the final instance, is the commercial for dropped calls.
"Hey, I need 50 pounds of roast beef"
"Sorry pal, we are all out"
"What? Did your wife hork it down for breakfast"
CALL DROPPED
"Oh I am sorry that did not come out right. I mean, she probably weighs as much as me......oh"
And there you have it--what Clayton finds interesting about me :)
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Tagged with 7
Posted by Emily and Clay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
You're so awesome. I love that I know those things about you now. I've been reading your blog for a while now. I've been enjoying it tremendously. This is the first time that I've commented. I'll be better. See you later!
P.S. Your puppies are adorable! That's huge coming from me because I don't really like animals at all.
I love my sisters blog!
Is there a list of 7 things that you responded to? Or are they just the 7 random things you thought of to write about. Either way, it was delightful. But if there was a list of 7 questions, I'd like to read it.
No list of questions, just 7 interesting things about yourself. Now you are required to post. Ok, not required, but encouraged.
crap. pressure. ok i'll do it. let me think for a moment...
Hey Emily;
You need to get me an address that I can send a christmas card to you and Clay, okay?
I LOVE THE NEW LOOK OF YOUR BLOG! Where and how did you find that cute blog template/background? I just changed mine, but the standard template options are getting old to me. Little help? Oh pretty please with cherries on top?
Pyzam.com. Laura told me about it. It has tons of stuff for blogs and you copy the HTML code. I tried making my own but I am not so great!
I like your new background! How did you do it? I kinda want to change ours!
Post a Comment