Tuesday, April 03, 2007

TOO MANY THINGS

Too many things are going on to actually post pictures, let alone get the photo's off my camera. So I am sorry these past few posts are so "uncreative" and "unstimulating".

I have finally moved into my condo! Before we moved in, we were able to get it painted--with the help of several friends (THANK YOU). It was rush rush to get it painted and moved in all in one weekend!; it was super hectic but with everyone's help it went by pretty fast.

Shanna, Natalie, Rhet, Sarah, Mike, Evie & Steve, Missy, Clayton and my Mom did a great painting job. They came right in, grabbed a roller and got to work. I really appreciated all of their help. THANK YOU FOR MAKING IT GO SO QUICK! Then for moving my brothers Jason, Jeff, Brandon, and his friend Shane also did a great job. Shane who we call "Hulk Hogan" just grabbed tons of large objects and walked them right into the moving trucks. Who needs three men and a truck when you have Hogan???? Not me. The "boys" moved all of my furniture out of my rental and into my condo in TWO AND A HALF HOURS. It was great!!! I finally didnt have to move my own couch, dressers, etc by myself!

Chloe likes our new house. Even though we dont have a "backyard" she barks to go out and we take her to a common side area. She is so good. We no longer keep her in a playpin but simply put up the gate at the stairs. She goes out when I go home for lunch--and the rest of the time she does great (no messes!). It is amazing. The only challenge we are having is her collar; it hasnt changed since the last post. I guess I should have known princesses dont wear a collar; but she will just have to get used to it.

On Saturday I delt with my bi-polar landlord for the last time! Hooray!!!! I was able to buy a washer & dryer with my deposit money. Getting the money back was a trick but my Dad (Big V) came over and helped us handle the situation. Thanks Pops.

But wait--what about a car. Oh that's right, I sold my car the same day I bought my house. I have been driving my sisters Ford F150 for the past two weeks. It is way nice (for sale also if anyone is interested) but it is more expensive in terms of gas than my car was. But, needless to say, I purchased a car last night. I found a great deal (if everything works right for a while) on a 1998 Honda Civic. It only has 86k miles on it!!!!!! So my payments & insurance are $204 less than what I was paying before. I am stoked! I will call it my little red sports car, although it has a dent in the door and it is missing about 12 inches of molding on the passenger door. Close enough for me.

Well, hectic as it has been, I have really appreciated everyone's help. Now I have time to breathe as soon as i get unpacked (when things are straightened, I will post some pictures I promise). Thanks again to everyone~

3 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

Emily, congrats on all the great changes! New condo, car, and puppy! Fun times. Lydia and I are so happy for you and your Mom. It's so nice to have a place to call your own without any annoying/creepy landlords.

I have to say, I'm a bit jealous that house training was so easy for Chloe. Zeus is a hundred times better, but he still has accidents every once in a while and he's almost eight months old. *sigh* Anyway, we love him all the same.

Congrats again!

Emily and Clay said...

Well, Mike, at least your dog will wear his leash & collar. She acts like it is punishment!!!!

Thanks again for your help with everything!

Jenny said...

Wow, Em...sounds like you've been a busy little bee. Congrats on your new place and being able to call it your own! It's nice to have money go into equity instead of a creepy bi-polar guy's pockets...:)
Can I get your crew of painters/movers when I come out there? Dang! That's awesome!
Things are moving so slow here, I am going to go bat-crap crazy. Oh well. Someday when we move, I will look back on all of this and laugh.......maybe.

Chloe the super-dog! I love dogs who "get" the whole potty-training thang. Maybe if you just left her collar on all the time (or put something around her neck to get her used to the feel) she wouldn't be so sad after a couple of days. I don't know...maybe she'd just sit there all sad forever. Just a suggestion.