Monday, March 12, 2007

Chloe's Arrival

This is my 8 week old new puppy Chloe! She is not a Yorkie, but actually I think she is cuter. She has a squatty little body, the most precious little snorts when she sleeps and the cutest little bear face!
Here she is with her two sisters before we bought her. She is so cute; not quite 2 pounds yet.
Needless to say, I am tired because she wakes up every two hours in the night. I tried the whole kennel thing the first night....that didnt work for me. I felt so bad because she would cry so much, so the kennel ended up with me in my bed! I then had to put my fingers thru the front just to let her sleep by them. Clayton & I read online they like baby play pins. So we are going to try that. Last night she did much better in there. She does not like the dark, but loves her soft green bed (that she picked out at Petsmart).
Chloe is really good at going potty outside and has had very few accidents in the house (on linoleum). Each time we take her outside she has gone potty. We are not supposed to have a dog at our rental--so we tried to keep her a secret. However, since she was sick today and so was Clayton, the landlord found them today. He said it was ok since she was so small--and that we just need to make sure she doesnt go potty on his carpet.
I will post some more pictures as soon as we take some more. OOOO she is so cute. I almost had tears in my eyes this morning because I had to leave her to come to work. Thank goodness Clayton could stay home with her today....She will either get used to her surroundings when I move into my new condo or I will just have to watch for a small dog at a shelter.
Anywho! There she is my precious Chloe.

3 comments:

Emily and Clay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

awwwwwwww.....what a cute baby! Puppies are like babies at first, up all night crying for Momma. She's adorable! Congrats on your first child! (furry or otherwise).

Mindy said...

Chloe is really adorable. Watching how gentle she was with Emily makes me think that a little breed might be best for our family right now. Hope you're getting sleep and that things are going well! We need you have all of you over again soon--it's been a long time.
What's new with your new place?