Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Appraisal

Just to keep everyone updated; it looks like I will be moving in in about two weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The appraisal came in and I am good to go. I can't wait. After moving in and getting my Mom's stuff in storage, I will be on the hunt for a DOG.

I found some paint colors I like and a washer & dryer. If anyone has any painting ideas or decorating ideas, let me know. I really like Gary & Marylin's wall on the south side of their house (the light & dark kind of mix). It is georgous. What do you think about thick stripes in a bedroom--brown and tan? What about kitchens? Any ideas?

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!!!
I am so happy for you. I have a couple of really cool DVD's on faux finishes on walls and glazing techniques for furniture and cabinets. You can borrow them if you'd like! I won't be using them until our next house is built.

I learned a really neat technique for stripes....you paint a room flat one color and then tape it off how you like(thicker, thinner stripes...horizontal or vertical) and then paint clear polyurethane inside your tape lines...it creates a tasteful and striking effect. Sounds weird I know, but it is gorgeous in a bedroom. I will try to find pictures of how it looks.

mikemetcalf said...

Emily, we're so excited for you! Zeus told me he can't wait til you get a doggy so he can have another canine friend in the family. We've been really happy with how gentle Zeus has become toward kids and smaller animals. He's probably only eaten a dozen, IF THAT. j/k. he really is doing great with smaller creatures.

As far as decorating ideas go, I think you should check out. Blik Wall Decals. If you're looking for a creative way to add a little flavor to a room, these decals are sweet! Lydia and I are probably going to get some for our nursery, and maybe for other rooms too. Anyway, good luck and have fun!