Thursday, June 10, 2010

The verdict is in...


We are pleased to announce our little bundle of joy is made with sugar and spice and everything nice. It’s a GIRL. Clayton was right and can’t wait to have a Daddy’s girl. I was secretly hoping I would have a little girl to dress up. We are both very excited!!!

We had our target ultrasound yesterday. Everything is looking great. The baby is about 8 oz and 5 inches long (crown to rump). The lady doing the ultrasound said, “Well here are the legs and feet and oh here is a perfect shot…..what do you think it is?” I stared for a moment and Clayt said, “It’s a girl!” “Yes, it is a girl indeed. No doubt about it.” We got some cute pictures of her precious little face. She had her hands up next to her face the whole time. She was crossing her legs and they took a cute picture of just the bottom of her feet.

After our doctors appointment, we ran to all-a-dollar and made little baskets with boxes of sugar and spice and a little candy (everything nice) with a “It’s a girl” balloon. Then we delivered them to our parents. Everyone is excited for a little girl! On my side of the family, I have two sisters that just had baby girls—so they will have little girl friends 6 months apart. On Clayton’s side there are two boys on the way and one born a couple months ago so she will have some boy cousins close in age as well.

Now for the shopping, craft, bow and blanket making! I am so excited to use a pattern I bought on sale a few weeks ago to make a big blessing dress out of the train from my wedding dress. Well not me, but my cute Mom will make it for me ; ). I will keep to the simple stuff that is ok to mess up—but not the blessing dress.

4 comments:

Our Family said...

So fun! Girls really are a blast. And it really is fun having live barbie dolls to dress up everyday. :)

lydia said...

Still so happy that everything looked good and that you're having a lil princess. What a cute way to announce it to the parents!!

C said...

Yessssssss.
;)
I was keeping my fingers crossed for a little girl.

Miss ya, and keep updating.
Also, please add some pics of your belly.

Thanks.
C

It's Me...shell said...

Cute way to tell! I'm so excited for you guys