I have been able to feel the baby kicking a LOT. It is so sweet and crazy at the same time. Finally, after many failed attempts, Clayton was able to feel her little kicking on Saturday. I love feeling her move, but it is still a little strange to think that my growing belly is housing a baby. I don’t know if I am recognizing it more or if she is moving more but the last couple of days it has been pretty constant. It is so fun to think a little girl is in there just waiting to come out and meet us! I had a dream that I delivered a sweet little chubby face baby with tons of hair....hmmm by looking at Clayton and I, it probably won't be too far off the mark.
I feel like my belly is just getting bigger by the minute. I feel like I should be able to still just hop up on the counter to reach the top shelf with the flour, but even stupid little movements are seeming difficult. Ha,ha, I am not even that big, so I can’t imagine what it is like at 8-9 months along. I have gained some weight the last few weeks, so I am now back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Funny as it is, my clothes still don’t fit even though I am now at the weight I started at. I can eat an entire watermelon by myself in about a day and a half. That is one thing I am LOVING. Give me a watermelon and a little salt and I am a happy camper!
We were OVERLY busy this weekend. I don’t know that we had 5 minutes in between activities—they were all fun, it was just tiring. Friday night we went with my fam out to dinner for Father’s day. Saturday we took Clayton’s car to get detailed (his father's day present), finished working on our front door, did laundry, went to a baby shower, swim party and then an old work party that evening. Sunday we went to church, came home and cleaned the house, went to my nephews ordination and a little dinner, then to the hospital to see Mindy. We didn’t get home until almost 10 pm! I am completely tired…and today it is just back to work. A extra day of rest in there would have been great. I am looking forward to the holiday next Monday when we both get a day off—but my Mom will be in town for my sisters baby blessing and next weekend is filling up like the last….so I will just have to keep waiting for that “day off”. On the plus side I can’t wait to see my Mom and go pick up some more stuff for the baby’s blessing dress she will be making. YEAH!!!
Work has been going good—I was just moved from an office to a cubicle out in a little area and then moved again into full on CUBIE LAND. I have never had to work in an area like this and I don’t know that I like it. I don’tmean to be an office snob, but it is hard to make phone calls to clients when 500 others are on their phone or chit-chatting. Some peace and quiet would be appreciated. Not to mention everyone’s conversations are to say the least interesting. You would think that since everyone can hear you,you might not tell ridiculous stories or personal info…oh no. I get to hearit all. I try to just keep my ear buds in, but honestly I would just like a little office. Put me in a corner, I don’t care, this cubicle land is driving me nuts. However, I am super lucky to have a nice boss who I can send funny IM’s to, saying “save me, please call me into your office” or“Your office with a view sucks compared to my cubicle”. He usually just laughs or plays it up. It is nice to have a boss you can joke with (like calling him a wuss, creepy or old man (when he is only 35)) and actually enjoy their company. I know a few of my previous managers should take some lessons from him. So I guess I should not worry about the cubicle and just enjoy my super nice boss and the fact that I have a job.
And since I can't really say when I will be posting again until after the holiday......HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!
Monday, June 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
What a busy couple!! I'm just so happy you're having a girl. Well, just being pregnant is wicked cool, but having a girl, that's the icing on the cake :P
You're looking so cute with your little belly! It'll be so fun when you're pokin' way out and people will smile at you, wondering when you're having your cute little bundle of joy! :) so fun!!
cubicle land is an adventure. period. no matter how it works out, it's an adventure. hope it gets more bearable.
you Are busy little people, let me know if you need anything and we'll keep an eye on your house while you're away. :)
Woah to the business! I guess we won't be calling you this weekend. It is crazy to think that you gave a growing baby in there. Ollie used to just spaz out.
What a little kicker. Soccer player like mommy, maybe?
When I was telemarketing I would pretend like I was on the phone but would really be eavesdropping on my cubicle-neighbors' conversations.
I guess that's why I was never very good at my job.
So did you make it to your class reunion this year?
C
I know this is a little late but congrats! You are going to make a great mom!
Post a Comment