Well--for Christina--here is my belly a couple weeks ago(16 weeks). I will post another pic after I take my 20 week photo this weekend! I can't believe I am almost 1/2 way done!!
We have been looking at a name book and there are some interesting names out there. We haven't picked any out for certain but I do like more unique names that are feminine. Not some crazy off the wall names, just pretty ones or ones that won't have 15 in a single class room (like Madison or Brooklyn--even though I love those names).
My family lives by nicknames--so I need to keep that in mind when picking a name for our baby girl. What will we call her? Does the nickname sound just as good? Silly but true. No one goes by their real names around our houses. My Dad would really like it if we named her Velda just so someone can carry on the V (his name is Verlan). Nice try Dad, but I don't think so on this one. Violet maybe, but no Velda.
We have laughed super hard with some of the names and their meanings in our book. The best was a name that meant: beautiful; like a creeper. Really? Like a creeper hu. I don't really picture any creeper beautiful. It was an indian name and I can't remember which one it was--but if I find it I will let you know.
Here are some names that we laughed at. Nothing tops beautiful like a creeper though. How endearing.
Brunhilda: armored warrior.
Bum: duty; fragrance. (very interesting)
Anuhya: something pleasantly unexpected. (oh so an OOPS baby)
Anais: gracious. (not the first thing that comes to mind)
Clearly we haven't gotten too far in the name book. I will try to keep a better list of the laugh out loud names so we can all enjoy.


3 comments:
There are some really funny ones. One of my favorites was Ice: frozen water... go figure. lookin so cute prego lady!
Love love LOVE the cute belly pic! You are one hot mama. So excited for you! You're gonna be such a good mom.
Thanks for the pic Em. You and your belly are beautiful ;)
Post a Comment