In my last post I said December flew by. I don’t want to post the exact same thing but honestly I don’t know where January or February went! I really need to post more often. I have written a few entries and then deleted them before posting. Lame I know; at least it is lame for those of us who still check blogs. I had a really funny post created for a little “standoff” I had in the ladies room last Friday—but I wasn’t sure if I dared post it. Maybe I will re-work it up and post it.
Let me see if I can remember anything fantastic in January…uhm nope. February is a little more fresh on my mind. Valentines was fabulous--Clayton got me photoshop elements which I have been dying for and a big boquet of flowers. We went out to eat with Mike and Lydia at Gabore Brothers (the best place in town :). And most of all WE GOT NEW CARPET. It is the biggest change in the house. I LOVE IT. At least once a day Clayton mentions, “Have I told you how much I like the new carpet”, “I love our carpet”, “Come sink your toes into this great carpet”. I love that it is new, clean and I am not afraid to lay down on it. The old carpet however was a different story. I didn’t take pictures of the entire transformation but here is the final product. Isn’t it wonderful!?! 

We did it all in one weekend—it made for a tiring weekend but worth it! In order to get the carpet installed we had to move everything out of the upstairs. We borrowed my Dads enclosed truck and basically “moved” for the weekend. We just loaded everything in the truck and waited until carpet was done to unload and put everything back together.
Here is my little pouting jail bird :)
The dogs had to be locked up in the kitchen while we worked :)
Here is the quick rundown—Friday after work we moved everything out and began pulling up carpet. Our bed was moved into our living room for the next two days so the dogs were in heaven because they got to sleep with us. Saturday—we pulled up staples, swept the floors and put up new basemold. Sunday—we painted the basemold and all of the doors upstairs. We decided if we were going to paint the doors why not get new dark hardware on everything too. Monday we both took off work and at about 8 am started ripping everything off the stairs. We left them for last because we didn’t want to be walking on tack strip all weekend (or the dogs). They had more staples in them than the whole upstairs. They were a pain in the behind! Our carpet was installed that day…and that evening we moved everything back in. Phew! Thank goodness we had my brother-in-law Jeff’s help. Our installer was hilarious. He was an older guy not much taller than I, grey hair and at least 60. He had little stubby hands and perfectly combed hair (well to start out with). He was a machine! He carried everything upstairs himself! Those rolls of carpet were HUGE but he wouldn’t let us help. I asked if we could get him a drink he said, “Oh no. I just went out to my truck and got a HIT off my Mountain Dew”. A hit, really? Ummm. Clayton asked if we could buy him lunch and he said, “No thanks, at my age after you eat you take a nap and I don’t have time for a nap today”. Sweet old guy. He looked like one of Snow Whites little dwarfs, not to mention he sang and talked to himself the ENTIRE TIME. Clayton and I had to hold back our giggles downstairs as we heard him upstairs.
I know, I can’t exactly sit still for too long, so I can’t wait to finish the kitchen and be done remodeling stuff for a little while (well I say that now but just ask Clayton—I am sure I will think of something else we can do).
Some more good news?? My sweet Mom is in town!!! She is here helping my sister who cannot seem to keep a bun in the oven until it is done. Sheryl is on bed rest and that is about impossible with two toddlers. So—lucky for all of us, it brought Mom out from Cali. The last time I saw her was last summer in July. That is the longest in my life I have been away from her. I miss her and love that she is home for at least 2 months!
P.S. I AM SOOOOO GLAD AVITAR DID NOT WIN BEST PICTURE! Hallelujah. And Sandra—you looked terrific! And Survivor—wow, this is going to be a great season.

6 comments:
First off - yay for a new post! 2nd of all - I LOOOOVE your carpet (it looks like our carpet downstairs). I love that squishy feeling of new carpet, it's the best!
I LOVE the new carpet. I just put carpet in my house this time last year and it is still the best feeling to walk around with are feet!
I love reading updates about you and Clay. Wish we all still ran into each other at good ol' WSU!
Tell Clay I said hi!
SO happy to read a new post!! I have been so impressed with all of your home improvements and can't wait to see the new carpet. I was giggling, too, as you described the installer and his quirky behavior/comments. I am happy that your Mom is in town! Say hello to her from me. And please, PLEASE post the story about the bathroom standoff!
Love you...
Wow, how exciting! New carpet! The whole house feels new when the carpet's new. I am tickled for you guys. We've gotta come and see it.
Love your blog, hon' -- it's so fun to read.
Mamba
(hey, I found out "mamba" is a type of snake...did you know that?)
Mamba is actually a sweet kind of candy too! I didn't know it was a snake....just go with the sweet definition :)
Oh the things I've missed without a computer! I am loving the new carpet! I never saw your carpet guy, but the way you describe him makes me want to squeeze him. I hope we can hang out this weekend!
Post a Comment