Saturday, January 09, 2010

HoLiDaYz

The holidays flew by! They came and went too fast. I must say I am a bit disappointed, it didn’t feel quite like Christmas. For two adults it was a little anti-climactic. I worked Christmas Eve until 3 and then we went to my Dads for the evening. Christmas day we got up early, opened our gifts and went to see Sherlock Holmes at 10. I loved it!!!! It wasn’t quite what I was expecting (but I can’t really describe what I was expecting either), but it was great—just entertaining. After the movie we traveled around visiting family. Saturday, the 26, we had a family breakfast at Clayts Dads. It was sooo tastey; I love any meal with them, they are great cooks! Then we went with Gary & Marylin to see Avatar. Unfortunately, I did not like the movie at all (loved the company but the movie was just not my cup of tea). It reminded me of fern gully vs. alien. I actually liked the movie Fern Gully better.

We made some gifts for family that turned out delightful. I forgot to take pics of them though. Clayton made plaques at work with glazed edges and I put vinyl on them. They had lyrics from our favorite hymns. They turned out super cute! I made some picture frames and edited some pictures of nieces and nephews for a few gifts too. Here are a couple of the pics:




As for our main gifts I got Clayton some drum pads so he can play in our condo without disturbing our neighbors. They are still loud but not nearly as loud as they were. He got me an Ipod! I love it!!! It holds so many songs, pics, etc. I love, love, love it!

The whole month of December seemed like a whirl-wind. I didn’t get any vacation besides Christmas day off—maybe that is why it didn’t quite feel like Christmas. Unfortunately with only 2 people in our department, coupled with me being the low-man on the totem pole—I was stuck working.

I did get New Years Eve & New Years off. HOORAY! Clayton and I enjoyed a nice long weekend together before he started another semester of school. It was so nice to just spend time doing whatever we wanted, no work—no homework. I loved it—I wish everyday was like that.





We also had a bowling night with my sisters family, AKA the Bosens: Haily got a princess crown, earrings and shoes for Christmas. Has she taken them off since? Not really! She is the girlie-est girl I know...and I LOVE IT!

Thursday was Chloe’s 3rd BiRtHdAy! Happy Birthday to the cutest black dog in the whole world! Here is to the best snoring, lil’ chubbers belly, sexy leg dangling, food beggin, lazy, walk loving, snorting, fetch master, bunny hopping lovely little dog. I LOVE HER!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED the post! All the pictures and everything...by the way, I adore the Christmas gift you gave us. You guys did a superb job, very professional.

Love you both so much! Hope your NEW YEAR is happy & prosperous!

Mamba

Mindy said...

Hey Emily,
I haven't checked blogs in forever but I was happy to see your last few posts! Makes me feel like blogging again. I don't realize how disconnected we can all get - even when we see each other at parties you just never get all the details...
We went on a date the other night and saw Sherlock Holmes. It wasn't what I was expecting either but I really liked it. I have a little crush on Jude (and a tiny platonic one on Rachel, too, if I must admit! Adorable).
Anyway, keep posting, and I promise I'll check and comment more often. Glad you guys are doing so well! Love you tons.

heather said...

Hey Em,

Cute post! I love all the pics. And I have to say Happy Birthday to Chloe! Boo's first birthday was Jan. 6. No one else really gets it, but they deserve a birthday too!

Emily Scothern said...

Her's was Jan 6 too!!!! Did I post the wrong date? Probably. Yes, she got a steak dinner and for dessert she got ice cream with warm cookies in it. Spoiled? Perhaps :)

It's Me...shell said...

gotta love an update. Not fun that you didn't have much time off, but I'm glad you got a nice weekend before school started again.

P.S. you look good to me in the picture from bowling.