That is right, DO NOT EVER go to the Davis County Emissions and Inspection place. NEVER, don't believe me, well get your car failed there and try to go somewhere else. They can't help after stupid Davis County puts REJECTED on it. Class A idiots. Later did I find out that everyone says, "Oh honey, never go to them, they fail everyone". Too little too late. I tried to take it to another mechanic and they said, once it is rejected....the reason it failed must be remedied.
Why did my car fail? Well, lets see it has passed for 12 years previously with the stock tint. But this year I was told, "the tint covers your back third brake light. You will have to have it removed in order to pass". ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Gee people can't see the other two that are working? Not all cars even have a third brake light so who freakin cares? And as a matter of fact, yes you can see the brake light through the tint. Especially at night...my tint is not that dark.
How do we remedy this you ask? They want me to take a razor and scrape it off--being careful not to hit the filiment (sp?) in my window or my rear defrost won't work. Genius. That sounds like a lot of fun...especially the finished product after removing a 4" by 8" square of tint from my back windshield. Wow you folks are terrific. How about you enforce rules on those people who don't keep their kids in car seats while driving? How about you reject a car that has all brake lights out or who's wipers don't work. All of that works fine on the old Civ. How about you work with the police force and patrol areas that need it...like school zones where you have 500 SUV's doing 50mph and could injure a kid....not enforce a stupid rule on a car that has STOCK TINT COVERING THEIR 3RD BRAKE LIGHT. And since you wasted my time, do I get a discount on the outrageous amount you charge for a 10 minute inspection? Or can I reject my car registration in this state that makes you register every year!
Hey, maybe these jerks could get a job refing for the NBA and make tic-tacy foul calls.....if they do I hope they swallow the whistle.


6 comments:
I'm furious for you! I can't believe they're making you scrape off a little patch of tint that's been on your car for 12 years! I cannot stand power-tripping incompetence.
I'm real sorry kid.
So here is the magic question???? Which one is worse Davis(#@$#$)County Emissions or is Red Hanger?? I am just curious...
Em, I had the same thing happen at Davis County Inspection. I took my black Mercedes in there because I didn't want to drive all the way down to Murray where I'd had it inspected the previous year. (and where it passed, of course.) The Davis place told me I had to take the tint off the back two windows, plus the rear window. I was furious! The tint was not that dark! Well, I just took my car down to Murray (to the Mercedes repair place I'd used) and they passed it just fine! Yup, had to pay once at Davis, once down in Murray. But I kept my window tint!
Sorry hon' -- I would never take ANY tinted window car to Davis. They're nuts over there.
Feelin' for ya,
Mamba
Bummer. I hate stuff like that! Good luck...
Oh that sucks! I'd be very angry as well
Jeff, not Jeanie I am sure, I think both rank about the same...but probably Davis County. Lets see a government worker or someone who gets paid $5 an hour at Red Hanger. I would expect more of what happened at Red Hanger to happen. A government joint...you would hope as a tax payer they would want to actually help you and not be so nit picky. But then again, what the heck do I know...I still went to the Nazi's.
Post a Comment