Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Time to Give Thanks

Don’t you just love this time of year? I do! I love the holiday music, the bustle in the grocery stores, the wrapping paper, decorated trees, sweaters and jackets, and visiting with family. Even though Christmas is pushed on us like there is not enough time in the 25 days in December to celebrate……..we can’t forget Thanksgiving.

I love Thanksgiving! I love getting together with family watching football (even if I don’t know the teams), eating and snacking all day, playing games and staying up late chit-chatting like when you were kids. I love it! I love the smell of fresh baked rolls, the smiles on everyone’s faces, and the anticipation for the wonderful turkey that has cooked all day. MMM I just love the holidays.

I don’t want to be cheesy, but I am very grateful for so many things; my husband & best friend, my family, my close friends, my cute pups, being able to do what I want because I live in a free country, and having a job. The economy isn’t doing too well, but we shouldn’t let that get us down. We have so many things to be grateful for. We really are so lucky!!!!!! We should turn off the TV and enjoy each other. Enjoy our warm houses and full bellies. We should share our abundance of joy, food and money we have with those less fortunate. Don’t listen to the world and spend all of your money on gifts. Do the simple things, like serving others or making someone’s day, that is what is memorable—that is what makes the season even sweeter.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

It's Me...shell said...

I also love the holidays. I don't so much watch the football, but it works. I love this post. that is all. :)

The Viewer said...

OH yes i totally agree with you. We all have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for your uplifting post!

Anonymous said...

No kidding, Em! This time of year is THE BEST! Hope you felt better on Thanksgiving Day. Sounds like you did...it was terrific seeing you two up at that gorgeous cabin.

I am thankful for you and Clayton. You add so much joy to my life!
Mamba

Jenny said...

Amen sister.
Thanks for our chat at the cabin. I hope you are feeling better. I love you and Clay so much!