The remodeling has commenced; fun yes, but tiring at the same time. I feel as though I run errands on every lunch, go home to a mess, start another project, or am waiting for another part of one project to be completed so I can do my part. Rough life eh? Not really, I love it.
We started with the kitchen. We pulled up our old molding floors and put in a new water heater. Then we painted…..I started pulling off the base hold while Clayton was at band practice and found more MOLD. So we are pretty sure our kitchen has previously flooded that we were not told about before buying. Oh well. I got it cleaned up and painted with KILLZ so the mold doesn’t come back. We decided to paint the kitchen a light dusty green with dark olive stripes (just on one wall). It turned out fantastic (the lighting for the pictures wasn't great...it is better in real life. I originally wanted even stripes; think light colored ones with thin dark ones. But Clayton came up with a better design and it turned out great! It is our new favorite wall in the house! It looks great with our new floors and maybe now we will actually eat at our dining table.
We started with the kitchen. We pulled up our old molding floors and put in a new water heater. Then we painted…..I started pulling off the base hold while Clayton was at band practice and found more MOLD. So we are pretty sure our kitchen has previously flooded that we were not told about before buying. Oh well. I got it cleaned up and painted with KILLZ so the mold doesn’t come back. We decided to paint the kitchen a light dusty green with dark olive stripes (just on one wall). It turned out fantastic (the lighting for the pictures wasn't great...it is better in real life. I originally wanted even stripes; think light colored ones with thin dark ones. But Clayton came up with a better design and it turned out great! It is our new favorite wall in the house! It looks great with our new floors and maybe now we will actually eat at our dining table.
Floors—wow. Busy times. I picked up and unloaded the 25 boxes of flooring with my friend Krysti (since we don’t have a truck) on the night before we started. At 5:30 the next morning I got up and started again pulling up base mold. At 6 Clayt got up to help me move the furniture so we could really get going. We pulled everything up and got it ready. Gary came over with two saws in his truck (that totally saved us!), then my brothers in law Jeff, Greg & Mike came. We got it all done in one long day. Gary worked the hardest, showing us the ropes and cutting the meticulous pieces. What a great handy father-in-law I have!!!! We put in pergo flooring throughout the downstairs. We were able to return the left over boxes of flooring we got and picked up some matching rugs. I just love them! I love how our house is coming together the way we want. I get great joy out of these little projects….picking my own stuff and doing whatever I want with it. LOVE IT!
Since I had Veterans Day off, I decided to do our ½ bath while Clayt was at work. I painted it the blue we picked out, painted the cabinet, changed all hardware, changed the light fixture and put it back together. Besides one little drill glitch (and stripped screw glitch) it went pretty good. It took me all day to get it done….but I like the result. Who doesn’t like checking something else off their list? I do wish the blue was a little less bright….more dull/dusty…we used a different brand of paint and didn’t like it as much. But too late now, hopefully some wall décor will tone it down. We will be replacing the counter top when we get the ones for the kitchen. I love how the cabinet turned out....we are thinking of doing this same color in the kitchen.

9 comments:
Wow Emily! This looks FANTASTIC! I can't wait to come and see it in person.
You know what else I think is great? How you get everything done so quick! You're such a hard/diligent worker. I admire you so much!
I love it! It turned out way cute! Good Job guys! And way to go Em rockin it by yourself!
Oh my gosh, I love it! The floors are beautiful!
OH my gosh.. like everyone else. I LOVE IT! i love the paint and th floors.. Oh and I love how delicately your water heater was put in hehe..
Wow! It looks fantastic!
ha ha ha You don't need to read the books. I watch and love the movies of so many books. It's a quick, easy, and entertaining synopsis. It works :)
Wow--we are SO impressed! You guys have done a terrific job. I've always liked your style, Emily, and everything looks fantastic. Love the striped wall! I also admire that you've done so much of the work--can't say I'd be able or willing to do all that. Great job!
Looks awesome! Wood floors make such a difference in the appearance of a home, don't they? I love them too.
Your paint looks cool, too!
Molds can be very dangerous for all the people. They can cause severe skin manifestations.
mold inspections Manhattan
Post a Comment