Thursday, October 23, 2008

25, Rockband & Ruts

A post of randomness.

Yes, I am a little late but it was Clayton's 25 birthday on the 10! Happy Birthday!!!! We went on a date night to Corbins. I must say....it wasn't as good as I thought. The french fries were a little wierd and my steak was nothing spectacular. Personally Texas Roadhouse is better, although Corbins was a little more intimate.

I made Clayton a list of 25 things he should know about 1983. Some were stupid random facts others I thought were intersting. Who knew that George Bush (the first one) was Regans Vice?? I DID NOT KNOW THAT. A gallon of milk cost about what it costs now, and the Jazz made it to the playoffs! Gas was $.85 a gallon! And the number one song on his birthday was "Total Eclipse of the Heart". Those were the days of cabbage patch dolls, big hair and jellies.

We bought ROCK BAND. My husband and his family are musical geniuses, so of course they love it. I enjoy playing, but I do not live for it. Maybe I will become totally addicted once my kitchen and living room get put back together, but right now I am preoccupied with getting things fixed. Back to rockband--we got a killer deal on it from one of his co-workers so that is our Christmas to each other (at least that is how Clayton classified the purchase :)). Clayt is constantly unlocking new songs and is loving it! GO ROCK. I want to buy more butt rock songs though--they are fabulous--and those are the ones I like to play best.

RUT. That is right. I am in a work rut. What should I do? Who knows! I dread getting up in the morning; I would rather sleep cuddled up to my puppies. I can't wait for lunch to go home and watch my daily dose of court shows (Judge Judy, Alex or whoever is on). I try not to fall asleep waiting for the hours to go by while getting my work done. I am lacking motivation!!!!!!! I can't wait to go home to my cute Clayton and do nothing! I just want to wake up from this dazed feeling of hating it. And I am sick of stupid people at work! Seriously I don't know how they have made it this far in life passing the buck with their arrogant man-hood. Enough of that, I really shouldn't let them get to me.

But that is about it.....Oh yeah. We put in a new water heater this weekend (Thank you BLAKE), removed the mold and now are ready to install new floors next Saturday! We will paint the kitchen before hand and I will post losts of pics. I love the remodeling/updating. Maybe I should just flip houses. Or work in a nursery with sweet babies all day.

7 comments:

Erin said...

I know what you mean--about work anyway. :)

The Viewer said...

YAY Blake and I got rockband 2 I LOVE IT! I am not a musical genius and thats why I like it. It makes me feel like I know a thing or two about music. Oh my oh my! I am excited to see your kitchen. Your house is adorable. I really love it.

Laura Stephens said...

That rockband thing sounds fun! I totally know what you mean about work, too. The layoff was totally a blessing in disguise for me. Greg and I are taking some real estate investing classes, and we just started an LLC (crazy, huh!) I'll have to let you know how it works out! :)

heather said...

Ditto work. Ugh. Remember when BW had mono? We should figure out a way to make that happen again. Those were the days...

Denise said...

Happy belated Birthday Clay! Sorry to hear that work isn't going well for you. I totally know how that goes. Hope things get better!

It's Me...shell said...

I've never played Rockband I've heard it's amazing. I haven't even seen your house yet. But yay for a remodel. We need to get together for dinner and games.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to play Rockband!

That's too bad that you didn't like Corbin's. We ate there last week for our anniversary and thought it was the best meal we've had in ages. I guess it's maybe about what you order on a particular night or something.

Sorry about the rut at work. Doesn't it feel like the whole country is in a rut? I feel that way sometimes. Maybe after the election things will change.

I look forward to seeing your improvements at the condo!