Friday, September 21, 2007

Fall Season Line-Up


What is not to love about the television line ups this fall? Prison Break, The Office & Survivor, along with the ever popular Jeopardy & Wheel. How is it that people get so addicted and captivated by these shows? I don’t have all of the answers, but I will tell you one thing: I LOVE THEM!

Clayton and I have been fans of Prison Break since the first season. Some may be skeptical, but it is such a well-written thriller! You absolutely groan at every commercial because they were just getting to something good and you have to throw a pillow or soft object at the television at 8 o’clock because they left you hanging for a week. I will admit, the first season had a few episodes that were “adult”—however, if you rent the DVD to get caught up, just skip past them (the one I am thinking of is called “Tweener” ((I think))). I will warn you—once you get started on one episode you will not stop watching, so plan for plenty of uninterrupted time in front of the tube.

Reruns are just as funny as new episodes on The Office. I can relate in some distant kind of way to these characters. Who kills me (and I mean kills me) is Michael. He is one to always push the envelope and go too far, but my goodness, he is hilarious. I couldn’t think of a better cast for his part….oblivious, rude, idiotic, etc. I am so excited for Jim & Pam to go out on a date again! The thing I really enjoy about this show is how Pam & Jim go along with Dwight. He is so sarcastic and serious, yet nerdy and secretive…I think there is a little bit of Dwight in everyone.

Survivor started! Mindy got Clayton and I obsessed with survivor. I love the strategy part of the game. You have to keep your friends close and your enemies closer if you don’t want to get voted out. I always wonder how I would play the game. I think the thing I would like most is the weight loss and the thing I would hate is no sugar or coke. Anyways—season premiere was last night. I think it is harder to get into the first episode because you have not connected with any of the people yet. I hate the boob girl already—when she bends over the rocks shift to the sides, then when she stands up they are at her throat. I just hate that, kick her off quick please! I am excited they are in China. There has always been something about this ancient culture that intrigues me. They are smart; They have amazing temples; they always are respectful (taking off shoes and they take care of their elders); they have cool art! I don’t know exactly what it is—but I am excited to see more of this place. I think the game this season is going to be a little different, as each season has it’s twists, but I am mostly excited for our “parties” with the Fam. Who knew a show like this could bring a family together every week?? :)

As always, we love the Jeopardy & Wheel. Clayton and I get excited to sit down together and watch this hour long TV tag team. It is one of the funny things we love to do. Honestly, when one of us has had a bad day--we know the cure, cuddle up to our game shows. So keep’em coming Pat & Alex!!!!!!! For example at Nate’s wedding we had to skip out and find a TV in the Durbano home to watch Teen week. It was Thursday night (one out of the two-day finals) and we could not miss it. Sure, people thought we were stupid for watching the show—but they got into it as well. Pretty soon we had the living room full of people shouting out the answers. Heck yes we feel smart when we answer 1 question right (on teen week no less).

With this fall line-up I am sure there will be several episodes missed or recorded, several watched through tears streaming down my face from laughter and several pillows hit the TV. All in all, I am so excited it is fall.

*******Before I forget, Extreme Makeover will soon be doing new episodes as well. I LOVE THIS SHOW (probably near the top if not my #1 show).

*Yes, it is sad I plan evenings around television. I freely admit.

7 comments:

Jenny said...

I am dying that I missed "The Office" season premier. We have yet to hook up any sort of cable or dish to our rental house, and now that we are all caught up on some shows (The Office, Heroes, etc.) we really need to get a TV signal of some sort. We haven't had TV in over 2 years, and everyone talked about "The Office" so much, we downloaded the last 2 seasons off of iTunes. LOVED IT. Then came "Heroes"...we are totally hooked, addicted, whatev.
We need a dang DVR!!! Something!

Emily and Clay said...

We have not watched Hero's and you have not missed the Office Season premiere yet. It is next week!!!! Where ever we watch it you are welcome to come!

Natalie said...

WHO? WHA? WHERE? I MISSED THE SURVIVOR PREMIER!!!???

I am a true die hard. How did a true friend, such as yourself, fail to mention this detail to me that is so imperative to my emotional well-being? Alas, I will have to find the addict who tvo'd it.

Raise your hand if you've ever tried out for Survivor.

(mine's up.)

Natalie said...

PS I don't mind that picture of Wentworth one bit. Not one bit.

Emily and Clay said...

I might have the premiere on my comcast. Clayton missed it too, so you could come over to watch it if you want.

Mindy said...

PLEASE let me come and watch Survivor, too!

Last Thursday was a stressful, busy day, and one thing that kept me going was thinking about putting the kids to bed later that night and watching "Survivor" and "The Office" (which you say didn't really premiere yet? are you sure?)

Anywho, Steve got a flat tire in the canyon that evening, and I had to go pick him up and take him down to Layton. The kids, as a result, missed soccer practice, and I came home to a house with no power. No power means no TV or scheduled DVR recordings. We didn't get power again until after 10 o'clock. In the grand scheme of life, no big deal, but I had a few moments where I felt really sorry for myself.

I'm over it now (sorta). We need to keep the parties going! I've missed them.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.