Tuesday, July 10, 2007



Just a few things for your enjoyment.

After seeing the cute new baby Kate, Clayton, Mike and I were talking about "cute" babies (And no we were not just being polite about Kate Metcalf--she is an absolute DOLL). Any who--Clayton made the comment to Mike that I had "cheeks" as a baby, which is an understatement. Sure we have all seen those wonderfully cute chubby babies that just make us smile. However, every once and a while we see one baby that makes us think, WOW, look at those cheeks! Here is a perfect example of Robinson Cheeks for my friend Mike (and anyone else who enjoys a bit of PUDGE). Yes, that is them sitting on my shoulders hiding the neck that is under there somewhere. Don't feel bad if you are uncontrollably laughing, because every time I look at this picture I crack up.

By age three I had mostly grown out of them. Wait, not really, I am just sporting them with a lovely tube top that was so popular in the 80's.


OK, so that is for Mike and Clayton's enjoyment.

Next is my cute dog....when we returned from Clayton's family reunion, Chloe found and fell in love with our air mattress. We left it on our living room floor to watch movies and lounge around with our sunburns, and she loved it. It is not only easy for her short little legs to climb up on, but we couldn't get her off of it. As soon as we would start letting the air go out, she would look up at us like what the heck, this is my new bed! Needless to say it is still out taking up most of my living room.


She is getting so big. Here are some pictures to compare her 6 pound growth so far....
This is the first week we had her.....
And this is just in the last two weeks...
Look at that cute fluff! Chloe got her first real hair cut today, and it is a bit shorter, but we still love her!

Well I think that is it for now. Oh, 8 more days until we leave for Oregon!

10 comments:

mikemetcalf said...

Emily, I don't know what to say except that you weren't exaggerating. Thems some chubbah cheeks! Still very cute though. Speaking of chubby cheeks, have you seen this yet? Chris Farley has been reincarnated as a little girl!. Astounding.

Anyway, thanks for the enjoying post!

Natalie said...

How do I love those little pictures of you! You are adorable. I love the cheeks! And um, did everyone click on the blue "little girl" link on Mike's comment above? Terrifying! Where did you find that Mike? Chris Farley to a tea!

Anonymous said...

First of all, hooray for Oregon!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those pictures! Kate is on her way to being a super chunk, but you get all the props for having had those cheeks from birth, way to go!

Jenny said...

Big loser alert! I am just now getting caught up on everyone's blogs! Slap that big ol "L" on my forehead! I am normally so good at checking....what's wrong with me? SO GOOD to see your cute place! It rocks! Your baby pics are darling! You look like a cupie doll with those rosy cheeks and curl on top.
And I thought Brennan resembled Chris Farley...Wow, Mike. You nailed it!

Mindy said...

Okay, I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I hope that doesn't hurt your feelings, Em. I'll explain--I laughed a little at your baby picture, but it was more like an "Aww, she's such a cute, cheeky baby" type of laugh. But that picture from Mike's link--hilarious. Where do you find these things, Mike?
Glad you posted again, Emily. I love the picture of you as a little girl. So cute! Look at you, all fashionable in your tube-top dress. Lydia has an awesome tube-top baby picture as well. You'll have to see it sometime.
How long will you be in Oregon?

Emily and Clay said...

Mindy--heck no I don't feel bad. I laugh everytime I look at that picture. However, the picture Mike posted got me crying at work and I did not even have the strength to close the window--so here I sat crying and laughing so hard. "It's so wierd you work here" is all I kept thinking with Chris Farleys little funny face!

We will be in Oregon from Thursday to Tuesday. We leave after I get off work on Thursday and will be driving home on the 24th.

Anonymous said...

Aaah - cute little chubbah cheeks! Have fun in Oregon!

lydia said...

Attention everyone! It seems we have another closet blogger on our hands. Hope not to embarrass you in front of all your friends, but Denise, by posting a comment on more than one blog shows that you are reading more than one blog! Now, I do give you all the credit you are due for actually posting comments...that's something that took Shanna and me both a very long time.

So, have you started thinking in blog mode yet? If so, you better get us in the action soon!

lydia said...

So I embarrassed myself in front of all of my friends, haven't I? Denise! My sincere apology is in order. I was asking Mike if he had seen my previous post and he said, "She has a blog, it's just not on blogger! I need to add hers to my list."

So there. I am a dork and I apologize. I am sure I am not the only one that would love to read your blog though, so what is the address?

Shanna said...

GREAT GOOGILY MOOGILY Em! That baby photo is priceless! I absolutely adore those cheeks. I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off them. FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing.