Well, I am getting to the point where I cannot control the excitement any longer! All weekend I was dreaming of all of my friends from High School. Each time I woke up I was more excited than before and couldn't get back to sleep. I don't know if I can last 2 more days!
I have always been the kind of person who gets super excited (just ask Clayton--I almost get my feelings hurt if I am super excited and he is like "muah, its ok"). For instance, as a kid I would make a countdown to come visit my Dad every summer. Each day I would tear off a number and have my suitcase ready like a week before I came here! For school, I had all of my stuff in my backpack ready with the folder tabs labeled and my crayons in order (yes I would dump them out and re-organize them everyday**Yes a little hint of OCD there.). And I still wake up at the butt crack of dawn for Christmas and usually can't fall alseep either!
Ok, back to the current trip. I am overwhelmed with excitement and trying to get ready....and it is a little stressful. I have got the oil changed, new tires, some new clothes--that aren't so snug on my newly aquired gut, luggage and snacks--all ready to go. Tonight's job is hair cut, pack and get our music ready. We are trying to make a mix of music for every couple of hours--it is a long drive so we need something to entertain us besides the passing yellow lines. I am just so excited! I am struggling to think of what I still need to do. JUST TWO MORE DAYS TO GO.
Now, much to my dislike of myspace, I got an account because all of my friends are on there. I did not know this before this weekend--but one friend has like 200 of our high school classmates on her space!!! I saw one of my friends who I have been trying to track down for years and saw her baby! Holy cow, a baby!!!!! It is wierd because not many of my friends are married, let alone have kids. They just don't get married at 17 and have 6 kids like they do here :)!!!!! Anyways, seeing all of their pictures made me so happy and nervous! They all look basically the same, still weighing the same, looking great etc.....so hopefully I won't totally shock them! I just dyed my hair last week so I am sporting almost black hair and the last time they saw me it was mostly blonde.....so we will see.
We have so many fun things planned (going to the Coast, Redwoods, Golf, P-A-R-T-Y!) and the time is just not going by fast enough. I cannot wait to get the drive over-with and the party started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be sure to take lots of pictures and post when I get back.
Sorry, as you can see by the discombobulated post--I am anxious and a spacecase. See you when I get back!
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
2 MORE DAYS!
Posted by Emily and Clay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Have a great time! Don't worry about what your friends will think....you are darling, and I am sure that's why they liked you in the first place.
AND you do have a baby....just with curly fur and a tail. :)
So excited for you guys! Hope you have a great time. I think it's great you still get so excited over these things, I was always the same way... until about a year ago, when it felt dang good to sleep in a little bit on Christmas morning. I think it was maybe because my parents moved to a new house? No more stairs. :(
Anyway, I'm sure you guys will have a terrific time! Safe travels!
Em! I am so excited for you! I hope you get to see all of your friends, and don't let Clay's apparently less enthusiastic approach get to you...we Scothern's just don't show excitement as well as others...but we love to see it in others and that helps get us going.
Oh man! I just hope you have a wonderful time. Oh, and BE POSITIVE! If not everything is just how you imagined it would be, just roll with it, and make the most out of every second. HAVE FUN!
Well, thanks guys! I know I will have so much fun. I got most of my stuff caught up last night so a huge sigh of releif is in order. Now it is time to PARTY!
ZERO MORE DAYS! It's time to go! I'm so excited for your fun trip, you will have so much fun. It's always good to touch base with the good old friends. And what are you talking about?? You look HOT!
So?? You have been back for several days now...we are all anxious to hear about your Oregonian adventures. Pretty please???
Um, yes...time to tell us about your fabulous trip....don'tleave us hangin'!
Post a Comment