Ok, so I guess I am one of those who are a little harsh on celebrities. I feel they are in the public eye and should have morals--since everyone is always watching them. One of the celebrities that I think is horrific (aside from being arrogant) is Kobe Bryant. Why does the NBA allow Kobe Bryant to continue to be a star when he is a rapist? Yes, women may have been permiscuious (I can't spell) but it was all over the news. He wasn't really punished!!!!!! Either were the guys on the Jazz that had an encounter at a strip club. I just think it is horrible that talent outweighs our moral duties. I fear for my unborn children! MAKE PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE!!!!! I usually don't feel sorry for any of them because they are "rich & famous" but I might have changed my mind for a little bit.
Anyways, back to the point. I have had a slight change in heart. Not that I am conforming, but just a little empathy maybe. I truly do feel bad for Britney Spears. Quite frankly she is not a role model by any means, but give her some space!!!!!! Poor girl just had two kids with a complete idiot (which the media played up), she gets a divorce, then she decides, "hey I want to be young--so I will party". That didn't work, so she had a break down and shaved her head. NOW THEY STILL ARE NOT LEAVING HER ALONE. For heaven sakes, the media is so unforgiving. Do they realize they are the cause of so much stress and so many hurtful rumors? They are the ones portraying these people just so they can be the top show/magazine. I think it is sad.
Another person who I actually do not like AT ALL is Lindsay Lohan; but her Mom (on an interview) had a great point. She went to pick up Lindsay from treatment for a day...they were bombarded by cameras, media etc. So instead of being followed around, the Mom said, "you want an interview--I will have on with you". The Mom then proceeded to tell them that she wants this aired on TV. The reason she was doing the interview was to tell them that someone was going to get hurt. They need to have the decency to BACK OFF somewhat. Sure, do you job--report your news, but do not follow, chase and put cameras in every ones face every second of the day! I thought it was a very valid point. Kodos to the Mom; I was happy to see that interview on TV. Not that it changed anything, but maybe one person from the media will stop and think about it for one second.
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Poor Celebrities
Posted by Emily and Clay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Celebrities do not live in the real world, so I think they all think the "rules do not apply".
I will agree that Britney is a train wreck. Unfortunately, she has chosen her fate. Yes, she is young, but she(cheated with)and married a guy who left his previous wife at 8 months pregnant. Regardless of the rumors, that is a fact.
Britney's current behavior only feeds the frenzy more. If she continues, she will most likely be labeled as an unfit mother and get her kids taken away. The girl needs to learn how to LAY LOW! The more boring the story, the less media is there to bother you.
I want to feel sorry for her, but she's sleeping in the bed she's made.
(Stepping off of soapbox....)
Agreed--
I guess when the media sees her CRACKING I just think they should lay off. Yes she has made several horrible choices (again & again) but I cant help but think, Poor Girl. She really needs a break for a minute from the press to sort things out and GET SOME SERIOUS HELP.
Unfortunately right now I think she is unfit (like I know her or something) but I would say that to any young mother who leaves their kid with a babysitter to go out and party every night. So that part I agree.
Oh ya, and thanks for the comment! I like this discussion. Interesting aren't we~
Hee Hee Emily...it's fun.
I wish the media would give these people a break, too...after all they are just people...they don't have super powers last time I checked.
In a perfect world we wouldn't be so interested in the rise and downfall of the rich and famous, but I guess the media is there (as blood-thirsty and horrid as they are) because we are interested in the rich and famous. The bad thing is, I don't see it getting better. Only worse. What a conundrum, eh?
So she came out of rehab already! Maybe my faith in mankind is disintegrating. HOnestly, if you are getting the help you need, DONT COP OUT. Come on Britney I gave you another chance!
Post a Comment