So many things to do as we start the new year, and already I feel as if there is so little time.
Here is a quick update over the last month....I had a wonderful Christmas. It was quite busy, but I had a nice week off work (Dec 26-Jan 2). Clayton and I just relaxed most of the time--nothing too exciting for my vacation, but at least I was not at work.
Speaking of work, I finally have my own office. An office all to myself! Along with that came several new duties to add to my work load but at least it makes the days speed by. I do not have to smell other people's lotion, perfume or hear their stupid jokes. And since I am no longer in plain view of everyone (to stop off to chit chat) I get more accomplished! It is really nice, but there were some downers for example cleaning out some one's old desk (crumbs, old keys, garbage). What made it worse was she was still here; I got the whole "Boy, it doesn't take you long to take over my desk"--lets face it. She was right, it doesn't take me long to push her right out the door so I can finally have some space (he he he). I felt a little awkward. But I got over it as soon as I started settling my stuff in.
Clayton and I got a fish tank (again) and four new fish. We bought 6 little ones, but the big fish ate them in about 15 minutes. So we flushed the mean fish (dead or alive--they were mean) and bought new ones. Their names are Spike, Goldie, Marshall and Boots. Quite cute. But Spike is still acting a little aggressive. We actually inherited 4 fish when we got our tank from my step brother. Little did we know they were all in the category of aggressive. That is why 3 of the 4 were flushed. Spike, however did not seem aggressive. So we kept him hoping for some new friends he could chase around the tank.....and that is what we have now. If anything does happen, we will get rid of Spike and keep our other goldfish. Goldfish are easier to care for, they are much cuter than Cichild's, and there are more varieties to choose from. We have not got super attached to any yet, just because we are basically acclimating our tank with the fish we have. So if they die, it was for other fish that will come after them. Sad, yes, but true. This is the only pet we can have in my rental--so hopefully we will be able to get a dog. We both really want a dog. I want a small dog like a shitzu or maltise. Clayton wants a lab. So, when we get a house, I will have mine and he will have his.
Besides moving my Dad into his new monster house, putting away Christmas, and working out, I have not been doing much. Remember that goal I set for 25 pounds a while ago--well.....the goal is lose 30 by April 1. So far I have lost 4 from going to the gym with my gal Lydia. It makes it much easier to have someone to go with, to keep you motivated. So if anyone wants to join our Lady Fitness, club....we are open for it. If you have any good recipes, I would also enjoy them too.
Well, I guess that is it. Nothing too exciting, but I still keeping busy.
Oh ya, and don't forget Prison Break starts again this Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPEE.
Friday, January 19, 2007
So little time.
Posted by Emily and Clay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Yeah! So happy that you posted again. I like your new background--it's pretty. We enjoyed having you guys here on Christmas. I look forward to seeing your new fish! And when do you and Clayton plan on getting the house for you and your two dogs? :) Just curious. Love you!
Emily,
Thanks for the update. And thanks for the nice comments on my blog. My fish experience was one of frustration, but it's probably the fish I chose.
I had a 20 gallon tank full of tetras and "tiger barbs". The tiger barbs were so aggressive, they hunted in packs and killed all the tetras, and then began to fight amongst themselves. Eventually, the all committed suicide by jumping out of the tank or smashing themselves against the rocks and glass. Maybe my chemicals were way off and they all went crazy...(tanks are hard to maintain, after all.) So, I am swearing off fish unless they are boring, docile guppies.... the "cows" of the fish tank world.
Good luck with you goldies!
P.S. I am on board the fitness train....CHOO CHOO! I will post my progress, but it would be nice to have a support club too! Let's all keep each other motivated! :)
Post a Comment