Saturday, October 07, 2006

Simply Wonderful


Well, simply wonderful is just how I felt as I went with Clayton's family to get their pictures taken. Of course I was nervous as all get out--what to wear, etc. But it all turned out so well. We went up to Snow Basin (a skiing resort for my friends out of state) and took these beautiful pics. The colors are so viberant! I think I am really starting to fall in love with FALL. It was beautiful.

Back to pictures. We arrived a little early and Clay and I visited the lodge. The bathrooms are just spectacular, not to mention the rest of the lodge. I could live in those things, my own private stall or something. It is the kind of bathroom that just makes you feel wealthy with lotion and formal chairs, mirrors covering the walls, background music, you get the picture. Then we met up with the family outside. They all looked so cute with their sweaters and jackets. The photographer had the perfect spot for us to sit. Everyone was enjoying "holding that pose" for 20 minutes while she snapped tons of shots. Pretty soon Clayt and I got the 3rd degree (in a good way) about if I was in the picture I had to become part of the family. I would actually love that. They are the sweetest bunch I have ever met! That made really made my day! I just chuckled and played along as they were teasing us.

Clayton and I had some single pictures taken too. As soon as I get those back I will post them on here, but for now we just have the oens we took on the side of the road. Of course I whip out my camera and the BATTERIES ARE DEAD. Crossing our fingers, we licked them and put them back it. Apearently it gave them enough juice to take a couple of pictures. The coloring is off, due to the low batteries, but these will have to do until we get the actual pictures from the photographer. Yes, it is beautiful up there!!! I can not wait to see our professional shots!



4 comments:

Jenny said...

It was indeed wonderful!
Thanks for coming to the cabin as well. I had a great time talking to you and getting to know you and my younger brothers and sister a little better! Hey my blog is now up too if you'd like to visit sometime!
(The Snowbasin bathrooms are amazing, aren't they? I spent a whole morning in there when we came out to ski in January.)

Mindy said...

I am so glad that you are a part of our family. I think the pictures of you and Clayton turned out SO so cute. I, too, enjoyed the whole cabin weekend--it was great to be together with everyone. We love Snowbasin as well. In the summer, you can ride the gondola up to the top lodge (Needles Lodge) and have a high-scale buffet dinner with an incredible view--costs $30 each person for the ride/dinner. Very romantic--we went twice this summer.

mikemetcalf said...

Emily, who took that amazing picture anyway? Whoever it was deserves at least a taco. ;)

Like Mindy said, we're so happy to have you in the family! You've really become a sister, friend, confidant, and source of amusement for Lydia and I. We could just eat you with a spoon! Although we would not, because that would be cannibalism and is frowned upon in most societies.

Anonymous said...

Hey Pep!

Can you please put some pics on here of your family that I know and miss like your mom and sheryl and jeanie and everyone! tell them i said hi too! love you!

Chunky cheese LOL