Like I said before, I love my new life as a stay at home Mommy. It is a total change of pace from rolling out of bed 25 minutes before I have to leave for work, to eat breakfast at my desk, take a nap in my car for lunch and then come home to cook dinner, walk the dogs and hang out with my favorite friend/husband. Now it is a restless night, I get outta bed when Amara wakes, and the days fly by--from tummy time, to bath time, maybe a nap and walk with Chloe, to laundry and cooking dinner and trying to make sure I am showered before Clayton gets home. Although some days I don't feel like I get much accomplished; I love it.
Amara will be 5 months on Tuesday. At her 4 month appointment she weighed 12 lbs 9 oz. Almost double her birth weight. The doc said she is petite (of course she gets my short genes) but she can hold her weight on her legs very well. I know, everyone says "they grow so fast". Well, I am here to tell ya that they do. Every day there is something new. From giggles, to sucking on a new toy or trying to roll over. Amara has the cutest personality (what we can see so far). She is full of smiles and a pretty content baby. She has recently discovered Chloe. She will follow her with her eyes and when Chloe's tags jingle from her walking into the room or shaking, she will look for her. They are getting close to the same size :).


I don't know how nicknames come about...but I kind of have one for her. I don't think she will like it when she is older but for right now it works. She is so "stinkin" cute I call her Stinky. I don't mean it like she stinks, PEE YOO; I mean she is just so cute!! I can't get enough of her looking at me and smiling or falling asleep on my chest, being able to soothe her or make her giggle. I LOVE HER TO PIECES!
She still loves her Daddy. When he gets home she kicks like crazy and smiles just waiting for him to come give her loves.
I know I love pics on blog posts, so I thought you might too. Here is my little Stinky:

Trying on the matching dresses from Grandma (cousin Tamblyn and Amara):
Getting ready to walk Chloe
Amara LOVES to "stand up"
Cutest face EVER! Sorry everyone else with kids....but it doesn't get any cuter :) LOL
Fresh out of a bath
Happy Girl
Bumbo Time
She is definitely a thumb sucker (when she can find it)
Nap time on Mom's chest...
All in all, I just love her!

2 comments:
Thanks for the update Em - love that little girl!
I still can't believe we haven't seen her in person. She is a beautiful little baby! Isn't being a mommy the greatest!
Post a Comment