Amara is 3 months now! She smiles all of the time and giggled for the first time on Saturday! I wish I could make her giggle again, but we have only heard it once. We just can't get enough of her. We have discovered a few things--she loves watching TV, LOVES her baths and is a little short on patience (uhm, unfortunately like her Mama). It is quite funny to watch her in the tub; she kicks so much and just goes crazy. In the last week or so she has found her tounge. She licks everything and is for sure going to be a thumb sucker. She tries to put her hands in her mouth before the binkie and feeding her can be a little difficult for the same reason. That's when the impatience comes in....she wants her hand but at the same time she is hungry. It doesn't work that way sis.
Clayton is a sucker for her and she falls asleep on his shoulder almost every time he holds her. It is super cute! He is a great Dad and the best helper I could have. He never complains or groans when I ask for help and he just loves making Amara smile. When he talks to her she looks around until she finds him and smiles. If he walks away, her eyes follow him and she waits for him to come back and talk to her. She loves him just as much.
My favorite thing right now is her fake coughs. Every time I change her diaper I cough at her and she fake coughs back with a big smile. It is so cute! And the biggest news....I decided to quit my job to stay home with this little sweet nugget. Financially we aren't sure how it will turn out, but even if I can stay home 6 months until our savings runs out, that is worth it to us! It is certainly a change of pace for me--instead of getting up every morning to go to work, I get up with the baby, do laundry, and do all of those stay at home things :). I love it!!
Besides the typical daily baby stuff, we have been busy conducting interviews to find a new home for Izzy. We finally found her a terrific home--after a few crazy interviews and phone calls! I am heartbroken but it is easier knowing she is happy and found someone to spoil her. She went to a man named Scott who lives in Hurricane. He is retired, engaged and LOVES little dogs. His passenger seat has a dog pillow on it because he will never leave her home alone. Izzy snuggles him all day and they both are happy as clams. I took a picture of her with her toy on the last day we had her (below). I love this pic because this is a perfect representation of her. But boy do I miss her! She was my little shaddow...following me whenever I left the room, snuggling right next to me each time I was feeding the baby, giving me kisses whenever I was sad and even snuck a few kisses on Amara. She was a great companion for me, but....we couldn't keep her with the baby. I just cried my eyes out and then cried some more when we had to say goodbye.
Chloe lets me snuggle her a little, but nothing like Izzy. I just hope Chloe isn't too bored without her. She gets to sleep back on our bed and gets to ride with us more places because 1 dog in the car is easier than 2 (especially since I drive a stick). Chloe finally gets to be top dog and it is actually (even though I hate to admit it) easier with just Chloe. I love Izzy but she would make me nervous when company came over, start fights with Chloe and was just a very dominate personality. So now we are down to just my little fluffer face Chloe. And as hard as it was, we know we made the right decision about Izzy. 

1 comments:
Great post thanks Em - we really, really need to see that baby girl again SOON. Hugs to you all
Post a Comment