Ready for a ranting story....
I took my lovely honeymoon dress (creame and black dress that I am in on the sidebar) to get dry cleaned about 2 weeks ago. I have only worn it twice, on our honey moon and Clayton's birthday. On Saturday I went to pick it up, expecting my favorite dress to be shiny and new; instead it was RUINED BY THESE IDIOTS.
There are large jewl buttons all along the top...well, there were large jewl buttons along the top. I pull up, ask for my dress and they said there is no charge. I am thinking, "what, I have never had anything dry cleaned and I was expecting to pay like $20". There was a note from the manager attached:
"There was no care label. Due to the plastic buttons, they dissolved in the solution. So we took the cleaning charge off".
WOW, really, you ruined my dress and you will credit me $13!!!!!! I was furious. I called the manager at home and let her know she will be replacing the dress. She told me not to get upset and that it is not a big deal. Really, not get upset when there is a CARE LABEL ON THE SIDE SEAM OF MY DRESS THAT YOU CARELESSLY OVERLOOKED and YO U DIDN'T HAVE THE NERVE TO CALL ME ABOUT THE MISTAKE WHEN IT HAPPENED". Not a big deal my butt.
This all could have been avoided, if someone who works there actually had a brain and used it and thought--I ruined this nice piece of clothing, I should let them know. If she apologized and was like, "I am so sorry is there anything I can do?", then I could have been happy with that. But oh no, lie your way out of it and deny that you ruined my favorite dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I called her manager, at corporate and almost got the same run-around. Luckily after arguing with her, wasting some more time, they will mail me a check. But they still want to see the dress to see if what I say actually happened. I think I will take pictures and leave them at their front desk....not leave my dress for them to ruin more!
MORAL OF THE STORY--DON'T USE RED HANGER!
P.S. Michelle, my friend, used to work there and I wished I would have had her around for this ordeal!
But after a deep breath, the sun is peaking through the clouds and it looks like it be kind of nice outside...
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
BOO Red Hanger
Posted by Emily and Clay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
What punks! I'd me mad. And I'd be sad-
I did used to work there. which red hanger was it at? the north layton one or the south east? because Carol would have looked. Sorry it got ruined. you probably talked to Penny Nichol at the main office or deanna. penny's a b deanna's nice
I got lucky PENNY! It was the one next to crown burger with the really great employees :)
Oh man...I'd be a little pissed, too. Can you find a replacement dress with the money they are going to send you? Just wondering...
oh yeah that one's not as good.
Oh, Em, that stinks. I loved that dress on you (I think I only saw it in pictures, but it was beautiful!).
I hate stuff like this. It's so maddening.
What I don't understand is that the dress HAS a care tag, right? Don't you think these guys are kind of experts at finding even well-hidden tags??
Losers. I currently have an order waiting to be picked up at the Red Hanger on Gentile. Now I'm feeling extremely nervous. I let them dry clean SUEDE. Suddenly that seems like a poor decision on my part.
Sorry about that beautiful dress. It really is gorgeous. And so are you.
Post a Comment