Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lightening Speed

It seems like life is flying by, no time for pictures, posts or even toe nail painting (that's right it has been awhile). But, I am still alive, soon to post the pictures of my house like I have been promising for months.

For starters--I am stoked for July 19th. Clayton and I are heading to Oregon! I cannot wait to take him to see where I grew up, meet my friends and visit the sites. I will be taking plenty of pictures to post there.

We also just got back from Mesquite. Nothing too exciting and DONT EVER LET MAIDS CLEAN YOUR ROOM. I had stuff taken or missing from my room and the hotel did nothing about it! They were my fav PJ's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But lesson learned, never have your room cleaned and make sure you can totally get along with the people you go with (wink, wink). It was fun but short, hot and a little bit of a bummer; all a story for another day.

House--anyone know how to get rid of box elder bugs? Honestly I have a least 200 at my back door every night. I spray off my large porch and 6 feet of dead lawn, but they are like bunnies--mating like crazy populating my backyard. My cute yard I had (with all my hard work) was ruined in the first week by the hot sun, not enough water, a trim from the yard care guy about to the ground and the bugs. So I am trying to water, feed and control the small area that is left with a little bit of greeness. So if you know any tricks, bug killer that actually works, let me know. Ortho MAX has not done the trick regardless of my 400 sprays a week :).

Pup--Chloe is doing great. She is getting her new teeth in, can go up and down the stairs, loves to sit on the porch and watch the next door neighbors, and is pretty much potty trained. She is just a big fluff ball--almost 9 pounds now and is a great guard dog. Instead of protecting our front door or strangers, she just runs right up to them with her tail wagging a million miles an hour. I am seriously considering getting her a little buddy to play with. With all of the people food we feed her, she might get chubby if I don't get her a play mate for all of the time I am at work and she is sleeping or watching her cartoons.

Well, I guess that is it for now. I promise I will post again shortly, maybe before another 2 months go by! Happy Sunshine.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay Em!
I've missed you posts....thanks for the update! Can't wait to see your casa de chloe!

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, my parents house was completely infested with those obnoxious box elder bugs back in May, and I really wanted them gone before my wedding. But nothing we tried worked and I assume they are still prospering there, but I haven't been there in a while. Not meant as discouragement, simply to say don't feel bad if you can't beat them. But if you find out who can, let me know!