Thursday, December 07, 2006

No house…..I got myself and some of you excited and it just wasn’t right. I withdrew my offer on the house. The bank will only loan a person an amount on an asset for what it appraises for…and my appraisal came in lower than the seller’s asking price. In order for me to get the loan they would have had to come down on their price—which they would not do. My other option was to order another appraisal, and that would be another $350. So no go, because if it fell thru I would be out $700.00. So for now I will keep my hopes up, live with my crazy land lord and enjoy the air leaking windows of my current residence.

However, I learned a lot about what goes into the house buying process. It was quite a roller coaster and emotionally draining. But fun too. I did buy a new entertainment center to go in my new house—but I guess I can put it to good use now.

So, if any of you hear of any good deals, let me know. Happy Holidays!!!!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Good attitude, Em. Sorry it didn't work out! Better luck next time.

Anonymous said...

Bummer, Em. I know how disappointing that can be (we've had a house fall through before, too.) Just think of all you've learned...next time you will know what to expect. I admire your positive attitude!