Everyone says a baby will change everything. Well, they are right :). And I love it. I wouldn't mind a little more scheduled sleep but besides that, I can't get enough of our little baby!

It now takes 3 times as long to get ready. For anything actually; leaving the house, going to bed, getting ready for the day, etc. It is hard for me to want to leave the house with all of Amara's feedings, but it is nice to get out. I wish it weren't such an ordeal to get her in her stroller and take the dogs on a walk, but I can't do it alone in the snow, so Chloe, Izzy and I have cabin fever. They aren't shy to let me know either with their pouting at the front door, bringing their toys to my feet as I am trying to feed the baby and then waking me up to play right as I doze off. And even making dinner is more of a process now. Sheish, it shouldn't be that hard right ;).
I never thought I would get sick of my Judge shows (like Judge Judy), but they are beginning to get old. Thank goodness for HGTV & TLC home shows. However, they make me want to do something and alas, I don't feel like I can. Bummer. I just don't have the energy or time...but I am home all day! How is that possible? It is driving me a little crazy. I have to be able to check things off a list and it just isn't happening! My days are flying by but I don't feel like I am doing anything besides getting spit up on, changing diapers, changing clothes, catching cat naps, and maybe throwing in a chore or two here or there. Heck, half the time I don't know what day it is.
BUT...I just love our beautiful girl and am so lucky to be at home with her for a bit! I still look at her and think, "Wow, she is ours"; no one is going to come pick her up to take her home, as if we were babysitting. She is all OURS. I love her little noises, even some of the crying is still cute. Her faces are precious and I love the accidental smiles. I would like to think she means to, but I know they are just gas :). I love her breath on my cheeks when I rock her and I love snuggling her which puts me right to sleep. I can't wait for play time when I can make her laugh or see her play with her toys! But for now, I will take the cute squeeks and cuddles.
We got her pics taken last week and I can't wait to get them back! She is such a little sweetie. Here are a few random pics of our little angel.

Our little family...
Thanksgiving 2010

2 comments:
I love this post! You have perfectly described it. It feels like chaos, but it's heaven at the same time.
Love it. So happy for you.
I think you should make a list of the things you do with her then you can mark them off. So, you realize that you're doing SO much. I love that you're loving the mom business. It's a such a fun time.
Post a Comment