Monday, October 26, 2009

Chinese Proverb: long time no post means life is busy

I really need to post more often! With Clayton in school, he is on our computer most evenings, so I don’t get too much time to get on and post. But here it goes, long winded, just the way everyone likes it.

Our Anniversary: Yes, it was already two months ago, oh well.
We went camping in the American Fork Canyon. One of the most beautiful places I have been in Utah!! I couldn’t believe it, lush forests (not filled with ugly scrub oak), beautiful streams, not to mention the canyons with beautiful views! I loved it!! We had my friend Krysti dog sit for us and we were gone 3 days. We lounged around, hiked to Timpanogos Caves, and relaxed. The Timpanogos Caves were interesting—what a hike to get there though. Holy Cow, I couldn’t believe I paid $7 for a workout without Bob or Jillian! It kicked my trash!!! 1600ft straight up….but when we got to the top, it was beautiful! This is breakfast of champs right here: grapes, Coke, ham & cheese omlet and what that, yes, A HOT DOG.

As for gifts, I got Clayton a drumming system he wanted and he got me a nice camera. I was/still am so excited! I have been snapping photos since (see below ;)).

Saturdays since then have been busy. We have nieces and nephews playing soccer & football, so we tried to go to a few games. It is so much fun watching them play! I miss coaching a little and I definitely miss playing soccer. Maybe I will get back in shape and play on another rec team for old ladies.

And for fun, a few pics I have taken:

Birthdays!
I had my 28th Birthday on September 13. WaHoo! Clayton took me out to eat at the cutest little restaurant on 25th street in Ogden, the Bistro. I had tomatillo pasta & pork—it was a little Italian & Mexican mix. DE-licious~ On my actual birthday, I didn’t leave the house…just lounged in my Pj’s ALL DAY, just what I wanted.

We celebrated Clayton’s 26th birthday at the cabin with fam. We usually go up there around Thanksgiving, but this year our family weekend retreat was a little early. So, we played ping pong, ate a little, played cards, ate a little more, I painted the girls toe nails, and we enjoyed good company! I got him Aqua DiGio….my fav cologne. Every morning when he kisses me good-bye or as I go into the bathroom to get ready, the smell lingers. I love it!

We have had parties the last few weekends. We had a fall party—just playing volleyball and football. It was fun, and we think we are going to make it an annual tradition. Perfect weather for some fall sports! This weekend, we had a Halloween party with some friends. We had such a good time shopping for our costumes. I have been telling Clayton I wanted to dress up as white trash for a while now and finally he thought it was funny enough ;). He was Bobby Ray (somewhere down the line related to Billy Ray) and I was Barbie, his knocked up girlfriend. The pics don’t show all of my tattoos, but I was complete with a tramp stamp (the lower back tattoo) and a burning skull on my other arm, along with the ones you can see on my chest. We both had IBC root “Beers” and fake cigarettes. I died laughing when he found the perfect t-shirt and his golden mullet. Sexy couple if you ask me. I thought it was great when someone at the party (because we didn’t know everyone) asked, “What do you guys look like in real life?” Our friend Lacy then found a pic of us on her camera and the girl busted up laughing, “I like you better with dark hair!” After everyone left the party, we stayed for a few hours to play cards. I love card games….I don’t know why I don’t play more often.

Since the lovely trees are losing their leaves, we dressed up the pups in their Halloween costumes. They don’t really like wearing them and we used the same costumes last year, but they are the cutest lady bugs I have ever seen!!!

And….for now, I guess that is it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Em, I laughed so hard at your white trash costumes. WELL DONE. Where did Clayt find that t-shirt? All the pictures...what a treat! Looks like you've got yourself a fine little camera.

Thanks for the laugh and all the fun info. Happy Anniversary, Happy Birthday and Happy Birthday. My toe nails still look good. That was so fun, Em.

Love you guys,
Mamba

lydia said...

Uhh, is Clay wearing cut-offs? Gross, but SO PERFECT. I love your costumes, the fall party was a blast, and I agree that you should make it annual.

Your ladybug ladies are adorable. I love Izzy's "just take the da*n picture and get me out of this" face!

Natalie said...

Dang girl, you've really got a knack for photography don't you? That camera was a great birthday present. Keep posting the cool pics you take so I can send in my requests and get them framed in time to decorate my whole stinkin house with them. Thanks.

Matt Gibb said...

Clay love the tats. Now you're truly a rocker.

It's Me...shell said...

So eventful! Gotta love the pregnant costumes. ha ha ha and cute dogs looks like they got hair cuts