Saturday, June 06, 2009

***Run Down***


It's about time for a new blog post eh? Well, I lost my job on May 1st. To keep myself from going crazy (which I kind of did anyways):


I repainted and decorated our spare room; along with painting all of our ceilings upstairs.
Planted seed which is actually sprouting out back! The pups might finally have some grass!

I got to spend lots of time with my two fav friends....they got walked multiple times a day. This is them resting while I was painting. I planted tomatoes and a few pots of flowers (the first pic). And I re-painted our deck (the pic with Chloe is before it was painted).
(Come on beautiful tomatoes!)

Then I got an interview...I have been applying for jobs since December. Honestly, every week and I only got one interview before May. Then I got this one! A few days later I was offered a position with Transportation Alliance Bank (TAB Bank). It is owned by Flying J--so I work right across the street from Weber State. It is totally different from what I am used to and I get really bored on my lunch. I used to go home each day with the pups to eat...now I just eat in my car and take a nap. My office is now so cold you can hang meat in there so I don't mind eating in a warm car. But we are so thankful I got a job only being unemployed for 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Now since then, we bought a new GRILL! Clayton and I love to BBQ in the summer. It is quick, easy cleanup and D-E-LICIOUS. We have been using hand-me-downs that worked great until recently. The last few times I grilled, it caught on fire (too much grease on the inside) :). There was a sale Memorial weekend that we couldn't pass up. WE LOVE IT!


My favorite purchase--I got this beautiful mirror at Tai Pan for 1/2 off. I have been wanting to re-do our bathroom since I moved in. So when I found the one we have been looking at on sale, I got it. Then we went and picked out tile, a tub, etc. Luckily we found a shower head set & the tile that we like, ON SALE! So we have purchased the stuff that is on sale and are going to save up for the rest....we should be able to remodel the entire bathroom this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bad news???? My car was broken into last weekend and some jerks stole my IPOD. It really bugs me. I work for what I have; I am not lazy and sit around and either have things handed to me or steal! Wastes of space! Boy wouldn't that be nice--just get stuff for free. I really hope they enjoy my playlist entitle "Pervert". It has all of my rap songs on it....that I only listen to every now and then :). I am sure they will enjoy my "run mix", "home grown country mix" and my "Mad Mondays"....jerks!
Life is good though.....it is derby season and we already went to our first one; I have lost a few extra pounds without getting rid of my coke; it is summer and we love being outside!!!!
I guess that is my discombobulated run down.

7 comments:

Blaine said...

Hooray for the new job! That is very good to hear. We need to come see your place - I know I say it all the time, but I miss you guys! Everything looks so cute.

It's Me...shell said...

yay! what good news. I see that you got those pictures up. nice job. and hooray for the grass! And I'm sure you're crazy happy about the new mirror.

Laura Stephens said...

Hi Emily! I'm so glad you got a new job so quick! I almost interviewed at TAB with Roger Furse, but accepted another job right before that. Dang, we might have gotten to work together again! I've had a ton of interviews since January, but not a single offer until May! (Totally depressing!)

Your house is so cute! I need to send my hubby on a camping trip or something so I can do some painting and stuff. He gets so stressed about that for some reason! Must be some childhood trauma or something. LOL!

lydia said...

I love what you've done with your place! I am so jealous of your drive. SERIOUSLY. We still have a leaky roof and a broken window that we haven't fixed, and you would have taken care of those in your first 15 minutes of unemployment. You're amazing!

Natalie said...

4.05 Just pondering on your amazingness. I'm so impressed with you. You get so much done! Loving your new post. And your new decorations. Loving YOU, mostly.

Mindy said...

Yay! I love this post! I've been wondering about you guys. I love all of your improvements. Nice work. You are something else - can you lend me a cup of whatever it is that helps you be so amazingly productive with your time??
I can't wait for you to meet our new dog. He's so cute.
Glad to hear the new job's going well...
We are headed out of town but when we get back I want to have you guys over. Maybe you can give me some good recipes for something new to try on the grill.
Sorry about your IPOD. Burglars suck.

Denise said...

Glad to hear you didn't have to wait long on the new job. That is fabulous! Your house looks adorable! Come decorate mine! LOL!